Weighing in - How often?

Options
So, I did WW years ago and we would weigh in once a week. Is that pretty standard? Or how often does everyone around here weigh in? Does it vary by individual/group? Is it just a matter of personal preference? Just curious. I will probably stick to once a week unless I hear of a reason to change that up.

Replies

• Rev_no_Boosh
    Options
    I would recommend once a week as a maximum. I think weight and measurements are best done bi-weekly or monthly. Although, it is tough for me to wait that long sometimes.
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday and sometimes multiple times a day. I have been very frustrated by the scale lately because I feel like I have done the work and I am gaining, not losing. My new goal is to not weigh myself until lent is over. I plan to focus on the basics and see if not looking at a number everyday inspires me to push harder and ultimately lose more. Getting back to your question....I think a lot of people weigh themselves once a week and it works for them. I used to do that and once I started on the daily thing it became an obsession. I don't recommend it!
  • haberdasher1980
    Options
    Once or twice a week, but I generally only log it on Friday's and I plan on taking measurements on the first friday of each month. I am not really losing much weight, but I am definetly smaller and more muscular so I am going to do both and try not to let the slow weight loss get to me too much.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    once a week, in the morning, after your first bowel movements, in your underroos... all of that is when you're the lightest
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on the same day/time. I do weigh more often than that, but I don't let it effect my attitude about what I'm doing. I just like to keep tabs. But if seeing fluctuations (which you will see if you weigh yourself often) will discourage you, then stick to only once a week.
  • sssrip
    sssrip Posts: 72
    Options
    Once a week is official but I may do it daily just to see how things are going. I do not beat myself up if I don't like the results I just know I need to refocus and do some extra exercise.