Never Thought I Could Do It !

Options
I started this at the end of April and threw out the goal that I wanted to lose 50lbs by my birthday. I Did It ! On my actual birthday I was down exactly 50 lbs. I am no where near done but best birthday present ever. I have some very good supportive friends on here which keep me motivated :) I have had some great nsv's along the way as well : My clothes are to big, my wedding rings have been packed away for safe keeping after loosing them numerous times, I can walk a few miles without having to sit down and rest along the way, my butt hurts when I sit on the ground, I am freezing all the time (must have lost my insulation layer) , learning to play tennis not just chasing the erratic yellow ball, my daughter has also joined mfp... I still need to add more veggies to my diet but do have fruit everyday, which is an improvement. It all narrows down to one good choice at a time, one day at a time. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• tad10301030
    tad10301030 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It all narrows down to one good choice at a time, one day at a time. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

This is so true and an important message. When making lifestyle changes it's easy to get overwhelmed and lose sight of the big picture. Congratulations and good luck on the rest of your journey!! :flowerforyou:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and happy birthday!!! And continued success!!
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Congrats to YOU!! Happy Birthday !!:smile:
  • Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Congratulations on such a great loss and Happy Birthday!
  • Cloudgirl15
    Cloudgirl15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm hoping to be down by 50 on my birthday too. Thanks for the inspiration. :)
  • velmaisvelma
    velmaisvelma Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You're on my friend list, so I see your posts, and your victories all the time. You are an inspiration!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday & congratulations! ! What better gift to give yourself than a healthier body! !
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    Kim, way good going!!!!!! I love hearing stories like this! One day at a time, sound advice!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I started this at the end of April and threw out the goal that I wanted to lose 50lbs by my birthday. I Did It ! On my actual birthday I was down exactly 50 lbs. I am no where near done but best birthday present ever. I have some very good supportive friends on here which keep me motivated :) I have had some great nsv's along the way as well : My clothes are to big, my wedding rings have been packed away for safe keeping after loosing them numerous times, I can walk a few miles without having to sit down and rest along the way, my butt hurts when I sit on the ground, I am freezing all the time (must have lost my insulation layer) , learning to play tennis not just chasing the erratic yellow ball, my daughter has also joined mfp... I still need to add more veggies to my diet but do have fruit everyday, which is an improvement. It all narrows down to one good choice at a time, one day at a time. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

wow.. that is soo awesome!!! u shoulda posted pics!!! 50# loss is SOLID!!! im half there at 25#'s down now at 13wks with mfp!!:drinker: im setting mini goals for things.. and I too want to hit a goal by my bday! (this APril) I want to be at my goal wt by then! (47#s from now)
  • krawl78
    krawl78 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    So proud of you and your commitment and dedication to your health! You are laying down a great lifelong healthy lifestyle foundation for your girls too! Congratulations on all your success Kimi!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :happy:
  • baodell
    baodell Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    what a fantastic birthday present! congratulations!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!