Need help getting fit to feel better.

Options
I'm having a hard time right now. I've lost 5 lbs since I started working on my diet and exercise again, but the weight, the numbers, they aren't the real issue. I am tired and sick all the time. It's so bad that I've gone in for a million tests thinking it was thyroid problems, anemia, chronic fatigue...I do get anemic at times but I'm not at the moment.

I am exhausted constantly. I have no energy. I feel like I always have the flu. And with nothing seeming to be the issue, it must be my diet and exercise. And it makes sense. I'm a sugar junkie who ignores the fact that she's lactose intolerant, live on carbs and sweet fruits, get hardly any protein and never any veggies. I do get to the gym once a week and even that small amount makes some of a difference, but I need to be moving every day. I work part-time as a nanny but the kid naps almost the whole time and I'm stuck to sit on the couch and watch TV.

Mostly right now I need motivation. I know basically what I need to do but I need more support. Maybe I can have some additional friends? I only have a few MFP friends who are IRL and I need more help! Thank you. I just feel a little lost right now and need encouragement!

Replies

• Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm here for pretty much the same reason. I'm tired of feeling tired. Tests for thyroid, diabetes, etc. have turned up nothing. I've also recently returned to MFP for another try.

Feel free to add me!
  • imlostinblue
    Options
    Rachelle,

I am in the same place! I feel so old all the time and I am only 27!!! My body aches and I am always exhausted, I know it is my diet and lack of exercise!
  • tl_dr
    tl_dr Posts: 96
    Options
    I'm a sugar junkie who ignores the fact that she's lactose intolerant, live on carbs and sweet fruits, get hardly any protein and never any veggies.

Sounds like you answered your own question!

I was in the same slump for a while. Honestly, the resolution is probably going to be a little disappointing to you. You need to find internal motivation. You can look for motivation on a message board all you want, but it won't do you as much good as finding your own reasons to change your lifestyle. The forum won't be there when you're a lap away from finishing that mile--but you really don't want to, and you're tired and hurting--but you know you should. The forum won't be there when you're grocery shopping or at a friend's house and you're tempted to gorge on junk food.

There's nothing wrong with seeking help from a community, but it sounds kind of like you need to find something more personal to motivate you!

Like I said, I was in the same position for a while. I felt sick all the time--feverish and weak and dizzy, aching all the time. What finally did it for me was when I just got up and tried really hard for a week. Dude, I felt awesome. I always felt good, I always felt like doing something. Even when I took a little time to rest and veg out on the couch I felt good because I felt like I actually deserved to rest. For the first time in my life, water tasted awesome and healthy food was awesome and sweating felt good and I didn't care if I got hot when I worked out.

Feeling good and healthy was my motivation. I occasionally hit the interwebs for some communal motivation, but that wasn't what really kept me going.

Just try it. When you start, just tell yourself: "I can do it. It's only for a week. A week isn't even that long."
    I promise you, though--by the end of the week, you won't want to stop.
  • ladybug1867
    Options
    oh man does that sound so familiar.... I feel the same way but they've found my sugar levels were over 500 so we've started working on getting that down. I had lost about 35lbs because i was so tired and sick and didnt even feel like eating much. Now that we've working on getting my sugar down, my weight has started climbing again adn i'm getting very discouraged too. But we can do it!! We've got to feel better. i'll be here to encourage what i can.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Are you depressed? Boredom and depression might give you the symptoms you describe.

http://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/detecting-depression