Anyone from Florida with a pool?

Options
Fitness4Paul
Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
I'll be visiting Florida in December. Orlando to be specific. If you live there and have a pool do you have an idea of your water temp in early december?

Thanks

Replies

• KristalandVi
    KristalandVi Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It depends on how cold the winter has gotten. My friends with pools shut them down usually around the beginning of November because they get too cold. Then again... last year a friend and I went to the beach on Christmas day and went swimming in the ocean, and everybody thought we were nuts.
  • ktillotson14
    Options
    It will most likely be too cold to swim. I don't remember the exact temp my pool was at last year, but I stop using mine around mid November til about February.

Unless of course it's heated
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    If you are staying at a hotel, they most likely have a heated pool. Call and ask. If it's a private pool......most people don't heat private ones. But the big resorts will have heated pools.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Call and find out if the hotel has a heated pool...if not...you're going to be really, really cold. We usually turn on the heater for a few weeks but that's only because my sister is visiting with her family. Basically, pools will probably reflect the outdoor temperature which will be 70ish..keep in mind though that you'll be getting in and freezing and getting out and freezing. I'd definitely find out if the hotel's pool is heated year around as that will make a big difference while you're on vacation.
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I can always count on my MFP community! It's is a private house with the option of the pool heated for a additional cost. Looks like we'll be getting the heated option.

I appreciate your replies!
  • Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I live in the Orlando area and have a pool. Right now the pool is about 82. By Dec. I would expect lower 70's or upper 60's . We don't "close" our pools like people do in the north. If you could tolerate the temp you could sure go in. Many pools here are "heated" but not enough to ever get me in. Even solar only adds a few degrees. I won't be back into mine until next year depending on how early it warms up. I have a feeling that you will find some tourists swimming in the tourist areas.
  • RacheyB160
    RacheyB160 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I live in Jacksonville, about 2 hours north of Orlando - we dont swim in December. See what type of "heat" the pool will actually be provided with, like someone said, solar panels don't do much. I think the last time we go swimming is in October and we dont get back in until February or March..depending, this year was really warm.