Mediterranean Meal Plan

Options
Because of my high blood pressure and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, my doctor has suggested a Mediterranean based diet. After looking into this type of lifestyle, I think my family would adjust well to it. My only problem is trying to put together meals. Does anyone know of any websites with Mediterranean meal plans? I am caring for my disabled brother-in-law and his daughter, plus I am a full time student, so I'm looking for quick and easy recipes.

I've searched the internet, but couldn't find many detailed recipes, only the types of food to eat and/or avoid. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Read the Mediterranean diet for dummies. Had excellent and easy recipes. Very tasty!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Epicurious.com lets you search ethnic foods by cuisine. It's basicaly a website that aggregates the recipes from all the major food magazines.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I literally ate a mediterranean diet when I lived in Turkey lol :) and I did lose a lot of weight without even trying. One of the main differences is that you're eating all natural food - the U.S. has way too much processed stuff. Go for lots of salads, tomatoes, olives, olive oil, tabbouleh, greek salad. Get your meat and cheese at a farmer's market - in the Mediterranean they eat a lot of white cheese, but it's natural/homemade, unlike grocery store cheese in the U.S. They eat kabobs, lamb, chicken, but not processed meat. They do eat white bread like baguettes (but not processed). I bought a Turkish/Mediterranean cookbook - this could work if you can't find much on the internet. Google Greek food allrecipes.com should have Greek recipes. I love mediterranean food. I hope this helps.
  • Flavia24
    Options
    Basically fresh fresh fresh, lots of roasted veggies. Olive oil is not your enemy! And avoid smothering everything in cheese, which is not 'mediterranean'. Grilling is your friend. haha