Muscle Spasms--how long to wait to work out?

Options
After having some muscle spasms in my lower back, how long should I wait until starting to work out again? Yes, I do mean easing back into my workouts.

I have been treating them with ice packs and Advil.

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    are you doing massages and stretching?

i had muscle spasms once and found laying on my back with knees in air and bent with feet pressed against the wall to really help.

i'd say wait until you no longer have pain and then when you're ready to exercise check your form on stuff and strengthen your core with planks and side planks. sometimes lower back issues are actually caused by week ab muscles, so planks and side planks are good. just remember to keep your abs pulled in and activated
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    are you doing massages and stretching?

i had muscle spasms once and found laying on my back with knees in air and bent with feet pressed against the wall to really help.

i'd say wait until you no longer have pain and then when you're ready to exercise check your form on stuff and strengthen your core with planks and side planks. sometimes lower back issues are actually caused by week ab muscles, so planks and side planks are good. just remember to keep your abs pulled in and activated

I'm going to call tomorrow to set up an appointment for a massage this week. I have been doing planks to try to help with my core, along with doing pilates. I'm going to have to try the laying on my back with knees in air and bent with the feet pressed against the wall.