Any ideas? I need calories and no carbs

Options
I am going to be 300 calories short after dinner tonnight but I went over on carbs. Whats something I can eat with no carbs to get the 300 cals?

Replies

• highgear
    Options
    Omlette with egg beaters, or egg whites, lean ham, onion, a little bit of green pepper. cheddar cheese. MMMMM, MMMM, Good! You may go a few points over on carbs, but very heavy on protein!
  • gottagetitoff
    Options
    2T of peanut butter...will get you 200 cals and very low carbs.
  • Metamorphoser
    Options
    Try a spinach with grilled chicken salad, with a few granny smith apple chunks and a balsamic vinegar dressing. Or have tuna salad sandwich and leave out the bread. Also, fish and veggies are great sources of nutrients and protein and low in carbs. Also, I often like to finish my days with just a protein shake and I had fruit. Or have some low fat cottage cheese. Its a great long lasting protein that is also low in carbs. Hope some of these ideas help. Good luck.
  • gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    Options
    Chicken :)
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    how about some beef jerky
  • trishp1
    trishp1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I haven't found too many foods that have absolutely "no carbs" but a snack of 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of cashews, sunflower seeds, peanuts or pistachios might do it, depending on how you're doing on fat & protein. :smile:
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Cheese or PB are my go to foods in that type of situation. :)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

mmmmm... cheese. *drool*
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options

mmmmm... cheese. *drool*

i :heart: cheese :)