Doing well avoiding chocolate but...

Options
the kit kat commercials for Halloween are KILLING me! Ugh.

Replies

• gaylelynnmc
    Options
    Don't force yourself not to have it...get the smallest size they have give the pack to someone else and take 1 or 2...then have some...otherwise you will end up eating the whole pack...trust me this helps...been there many times...cheers!!
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Avoiding chocolate is not a requirement to losing weight.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Avoiding the cute pumpkin candy bucket at work is an absolute must! :)
  • MaintainCats
    MaintainCats Posts: 222 Member
    Options

Nope but it is required for trying to keep my IBS under control *cry*
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    "Gimme a break...gimme a break...":laugh: :bigsmile:
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options

I can't let in to that temptation either :grumble: . My current solution is caramel apple suckers/pops. Dreading Halloween....then Thanksgiving...then Christmas....

Halloween is when things start to come off the tracks.
  • Yolanda_85
    Yolanda_85 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Avoiding the cute pumpkin candy bucket at work is an absolute must! :)

Yes!! Our 3rd shift laundry attendant/front desk lady keeps a bowl of candy at the desk, currently it's been candy corn or M&Ms...she was filling the bowl with M&M's yesterday and I came running from the break room like a dog running for its bowl of kibble...kinda stopped me in my tracks when I realized this...:ohwell: ....LOL!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    They just came out with cadbury "screme" eggs. I thought I only had to deal with my love for those eggs during easter.

I've already fit 2 in this season without going over. I'm sure I won't go a week without one. Just make it work imo :)
  • TerraLea
    TerraLea Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I have been chocolate free since August 2009. I found that a spoonful of peanut butter or a little honey or a little caramel, helps me when I want chocolate (which is few & far between now). Keep it up, you CAN do it.

Just a little background about me before I quit chocolate: I was eating family size bags of M&Ms in 1 setting or 2 to 3 large Fudge Rounds (& really wanted the whole box). I was(AM) a chocoholic!! You can add me as a friend if you want me to help you.
  • Playingwithfire89
    Options
    Buy healthy choice fudge bars (80 calories.) and sugar free chocolate pudding (60 calories.) and light hot coa coa (25 calories.) for when the cravings get really bad
  • 20tulipgirl20
    Options
    October is soooo hard to diet in... Don't be tempted, the weight loss will be so much more satisfying. Try some carob chips in cookies or something else. I find they taste relatively like regular chocolate, but a bit healthier.
  • MaintainCats
    Options

I can't let in to that temptation either :grumble: . My current solution is caramel apple suckers/pops. Dreading Halloween....then Thanksgiving...then Christmas....

Halloween is when things start to come off the tracks.

Ohhhh hard candies! That reminds me. Maybe some lollipops or something. Sweet but take awhile to eat etc.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    If you are on maintenance, which I seem to recall you are, there is no reason to not be able to fit a little chocolate into your diet, as long as you aren't going overboard. In fact, there is little reason why most cannot fit some chocolate into their diet, unless they really cannot just have a little at a time. Often people end up substituting for things that are far less healthy or certainly no more healthy than the chocolate itself, which is nuts.
  • MaintainCats
    Options
    If you are on maintenance, which I seem to recall you are, there is no reason to not be able to fit a little chocolate into your diet, as long as you aren't going overboard. In fact, there is little reason why most cannot fit some chocolate into their diet, unless they really cannot just have a little at a time. Often people end up substituting for things that are far less healthy or certainly no more healthy than the chocolate itself, which is nuts.

Sadly chocolate really really sets off my stomach/ IBS. It is ridiculous but the cravings are insane too.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I had to give up milk for lactose intolerance and I just kept telling myself "it could be worse, yeah I miss yogurt, but at least I can have chocolate!" So... I'm sorry, that is awful. I would end up making myself sick somewhat frequently if chocolate made me sick because I really don't know that I could give it up.
  • MaintainCats
    Options
    I had to give up milk for lactose intolerance and I just kept telling myself "it could be worse, yeah I miss yogurt, but at least I can have chocolate!" So... I'm sorry, that is awful. I would end up making myself sick somewhat frequently if chocolate made me sick because I really don't know that I could give it up.

This is exactly what I keep doing....ugh.