Help please....

Options
Hi - i've done WW since April 2011 and lost 20 pounds. yea me. That 20 made me feel better but I've plateaued for almost a year at my current weight. I quit WW in August and came over to MFP. I learned valuable tools from WW and felt I could do it on my own. So here MFP calulates my caloric needs at 1360. I did some browsing here and saw BMR and TDEE. Mine were 1510 and 1860 respectively. I'm also doing B12/B6 and Lipo shots till end of Nov. those aren't really helping or i just haven't found my sweet spot yet. I've started walking again and recently begun working on the ellipetcal just to add some exercise in. i'd love to get myself off of this plateau . I just found a health assesment and it says I should lose 80 lbs. LOL my doctor and I agree 40 morne pounds is great. I think I opened my food diary but if it is still locked just let me know. It's not pretty but is what i've done. Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• MzStarrQueenB
    MzStarrQueenB Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    How many grams of fat do you eat per day? :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8987-serious-diet-support-group

If you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.....
  • stephanie1133
    Options
    I can't view your diary.

I'm not sure what the issue could be if you are eating at that calorie level. Have all health issues (thyroid etc.) been ruled out? Are you on any medication?

Are you very accurate with your tracking? Weighing portions, recording EVERY bite?
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not open so here's my 'blind' suggestion

Lower carbs (not drastically....no low carb diet thing) - stay around 150 per day
    Up protein - try to aim for 50-60
    Lower Sodium - under 2000 if possible
    Up water - Minimum 100oz per day
    Keep fat levels lower but with healthy fats (nuts, avocado, coconut oil)

Increase exercise - add an extra 30min of elliptical or walking 3x per week.

Allow yourself a "cheat" day, but a cheat day does not mean all the ice cream and cake you can eat - but allow yourself to bust your caloric intake.

Remember sodium will make you retain water. Additionally adding new exercises will cause your muscles to retain water to heal - drink LOTS of water. Weigh in the same time every day on the same scale to help keep you accountable. Try pre-logging your diary and keep to it!! Its will power but you if you really want it....you CAN do it~!!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    TDEE of 1800 is very low.

How tall are you?
    Whats your occupation?
    Whats your workout routine?
  • estherestrada7
    Options
    This worked for me. At least try this for 30 days. No gains, pasta , tortilla, beans. Nothing fried. s tay away from red meat. Eat more chicken and fish, grilled or baked. eat more fresh vegatables raw or steamed. almond milk is only 90 calories, drink lots of water , especiallly before a meal will make your fuller faster. don't drink any fruit juices that are concentrated. It's been proven that concentrated juice drinks keep you from losing that belly fat.So just drink real juice drinks, you can find at trader joes. Take 30 min. brisk walks everyday.. work out with weights at least 20min. 3 times a week, you can loose weight even faster . Stay positive , Stay focus.. I know you can do this.

Snack with fruit, apples and plain almonds together is a real treat and satisifying, oranges, strawberries. melons.

Eat all day ! about every two hours. Smalller food protions. and snacks in between meals..and try not to eat after 6pm. walk and weights . Stay focus and Positive, I know you can do this..
  • uahorsegirl
    uahorsegirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    5'0"
    desk jockey aka admin asst
    fall is here in Phx, AZ and I've started walking during lunch at least a mile 3-4 days a week. I shoot for a 2-4 mile walk on the weekend. Just introduced Ellpetical trainer and am shooting for at least 10 min every other night. As I build up, I should be able to do more
  • uahorsegirl
    Options
    Ok - I found out where to unlock my food diary.....
  • uahorsegirl
    Options
    I'm a grazer and don't eat alot in one sitting. My food choices have definately gotten better but I know they can be even better. Yes, I found I have an issue with sodium and that is why i am tracking it. I am trying to eat more one-ingredient foods and cut out the processed stuff. I've increased my water intake but I can do better with that as well. My weakness is soda and I drink diet pepsi. I can't really cut carbs out. I tried to limit myself and found myself starving even though i ate a pretty good protein meal. It was not pretty. I need to go for balance.
  • uahorsegirl
    Options
    I can't view your diary.

I'm not sure what the issue could be if you are eating at that calorie level. Have all health issues (thyroid etc.) been ruled out? Are you on any medication?

Are you very accurate with your tracking? Weighing portions, recording EVERY bite?

I've had my thyroid checked (actually gets checked once a yr) Tracking, I'm good but probably not as accurate as I can be. I'm working on that. I did go on oral birth control (nasty hormonal headaches/migrains) in March 2012. Headaches are gone but I wonder if that has an effect.....
  • uahorsegirl
    Options
    Your diary is not open so here's my 'blind' suggestion

Lower carbs (not drastically....no low carb diet thing) - stay around 150 per day
    Up protein - try to aim for 50-60
    Lower Sodium - under 2000 if possible
    Up water - Minimum 100oz per day
    Keep fat levels lower but with healthy fats (nuts, avocado, coconut oil)

Increase exercise - add an extra 30min of elliptical or walking 3x per week.

Allow yourself a "cheat" day, but a cheat day does not mean all the ice cream and cake you can eat - but allow yourself to bust your caloric intake.

Remember sodium will make you retain water. Additionally adding new exercises will cause your muscles to retain water to heal - drink LOTS of water. Weigh in the same time every day on the same scale to help keep you accountable. Try pre-logging your diary and keep to it!! Its will power but you if you really want it....you CAN do it~!!

Great tips. I do plan my days/weeks out for my food for the most part. A few surprises but surprisingly I eat the same things most days during the week. I weigh in first thing in the AM, that is the best for me.

I won't quit because I want the weight off, even another 20 lbs would be great. just trying to tweak things to get off my plateau.
  • ferry_rider27
    Options
    Try upping your veggie intake might help.