CC's Biggest Loser Challenge Week 8

Options
Hi everyone welcome to week 8. Congrats to last week's winner Luv2Learn with a 2.41% loss. This week fbref will post our challenge(s).

New people are still welcome. Here are the rules/guidelines of the challenge.

Biggest Loser Challenge "Rules"
-everyone weighs in each week on the same day
-Please try to post your weight by Wednesday, this makes it easier for me

Just like on the show
-each week the person with the highest percentage of weight loss since the last week will be our weekly Biggest Loser
-at the finale the person who has the highest percentage of weight loss since their starting weight will be Biggest Loser

Good luck everyone!

Replies

• cc_campbell81
    Options
    Hi everyone. I know lots of us have been struggling so I wanted to post a few suggestions to fuel our weight losses. All of my "tips" are based on my experience and research. I am not a professional so this is just my opinion.

Drink your water. Different sites suggest different amounts but if you are getting 8 glasses that should be close. If you are like me you may not enjoy the taste of plain water. If that is the case there are lots of ways you can get water that tastes good. There's flavored sparkling water (I love the ones at Walmart) and there's different brands of powders you can mix into your water (I like Crystal light's little packets that you can mix with 20 oz of water) According to my research if you don't drink enough water your body will retain water.

Log your food. Often we underestimate what we are eating. Logging every meal every day can help you keep your fod under control. It's important to not starve yourself and to eat a variety of food (remember the food pyramid from grade school!) Another good think about logging is if you overeat you can catch it and do more exercise that day to burn off the calories. There's been plenty of days I realized I went over and decided to go for a walk with my daughter or do an exercise video to make up for it.

That brings me to exercise. It is sooooo important to exercise. You may lose weight just by eating good but exercise does so much for you and you will lose more. Exercise does not have to be boring hours at the gym. Do what you love. Skating, volleyball, walk in the park, play frisbee, go window shopping at the mall, go swimming, dance, I could go on and on. I enjoy running so I like to do charity walks/runs. There's tons of people there so it's reallly fun and doesn't feel like exercise. Most charity walks cost $20-40 and that is well worth the good feeling you get from helping and getting exercise. Another cool idea is to volunteer to walk dogs at a local shelter. If you are exercising and eating good but still not losing you may be overestimating your calorie burn. I usually consult multiple sources (MFP, my HRM, and other sites) and I don't eat all of my exericise calories just in case I overestimated it. As you lose weight you body doesn't need to work as hard to do the same activities so you it's good to keep changing up your activities. Many people say they are too tired to work out but I find myself energized after workouts and much happier.

Hope that will help everyone. If you have tips please feel free to share.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    I have been not doing good the last few weeks..but I am changing that this week...i am getting back on track.
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    yay, biggest loser is actually gonna be on tomarrow
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    I heard it wasn't going to be back on until March 1 (Next Tuesday). Did I hear that wrong?

I didn't do very well this week! Had a lot of stuff come up throughout the week that kept me from working out. I kept my food where it needed to be but got almost NO exercise!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR..... Hopefully next week will be better. Ugh! :O)
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Sarina,,, you got me all excited,, but I just checked my TV listing for tomorrow,,,, and could only find the olympics on( not that I haven't enjoyed watching the olympics too),,, I though like ely that BL won't be on tell next week,,, but if I'm wrong please let us in on what chanel and time... good luck everyone for tomorrow...
  • dchief30
    dchief30 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hay guys week 8 I'm at 190.6 losed about 3 bls :smile:
  • aimeeclaire
    aimeeclaire Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This week's weight: 142.8 - Down 1.2 lbs:happy:
  • bzcjak
    bzcjak Posts: 12
    Options
    Weight last week was 241.8. Today is 237.4. A loss of 4.4 lbs.
  • Leenybug
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm down 1.1 lbs and I will take it. Thanks CC for the tips. I was not good about my water or as active as I usually am. Thanks for the kick in the butt! Have a great day everyone.
  • Leenybug
    Options
    Sorry CC didn't post my weight just my loss. I was 223.1 this morning . .. down 1.1 lbs.
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm still alive and kickin'! I feel like I've been gone from here for SO long. I was on vacation from work last week and didn't get a chance to log on because I was running all over the place. I did have a good week though as far as eating goes. I got in some good workouts as well. I did take a week off from running though :( When I went running for the first time after that week off I definitely paid for it!!! On a good note...I got to buy new running shoes ;) and on an even better note...I was seeing great gains in weight loss (does that make sense?) last week but now...TOM is here and I'm SO frustrated b/c of course it's just in time for weigh-in!!!

Question for you women out there...I have been noticing a difference in my period the last few months. I have been working out since September and lately I have been a little earlier and it seems much lighter but for more days than usual. Is this typical of a woman's body when she changes what she's been doing? Should I have seen this coming? Is it normal?

Just making sure...I'm not really concerned just want to make sure it's OK!
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Well, did my weigh in today.

SW - 215 lbs
    CW - 198.5 lbs
    Lost - 16.5 Lbs

Cardio - 4 out of the last 7
    Water - 4 out of the last 7
    Calories 4 out of the last 7
  • augustbells
    Options
    Last Week - 248.0 lbs
    This Week - 245.0 lbs
    Lost - 3 Lbs

Cardio - 6/7
    Water - 7/7
    Calories 6/7
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    Okay... weigh in time.

Last Week - 232
    This Week - 231

Change - down 1 lb!!! YAY!!!!!!!

Calories - 7/7
    Water - 7/7
    Cardio - 0/7

I got no intentional exercise this week at all. We spent a lot of time walking around college campuses for tours (my stepdaughter will be graduating next year). I guess that must have helped though because I lost 1 lb. :o)
  • MOTHERGOOSE21
    Options
    GOT BACK ON TRACK THIS WEEK. LOST 3.4 LBS. 219.2
  • neenaof4
    neenaof4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    cw 181 today -- lost 10 pounds so far
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in time:

Last week: 134.2
    Today: 134.8

BOOOO...up .6 but TOM is here so I can't complain too much!!!

Water: 4/7
    Cardio: 5/7
    Calories: 5/7
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to see so many big losses this week! Way to go team!!

I'm up 1 pound this week, but not discouraged. I have lost weight for 6 consecutive weeks until this week. This is just some weird bodily fluctuation because I did eat well and exercised regularly. I even did better on my water intake this week.

Last week: 175.4
    This week: 176.4

Challenges:
    Water: 4/7
    Under Calories: 6/7
    Exercise: 5/7

I do have to thank you all for the inspiration and motivation. It has been a very stressful work week with a huge project deadline. I worked over the weekend, and I worked until 5am this morning and caught the bus again this morning for more work. And I'm working from home again now while my 3 year old puts brown play-doh on my laptop and is telling me that it's dog poop.

If I didn't have to report my progress to this group, I would have been very tempted to eat a bunch of junk last night while I pulled an all-nighter working. So THANKS EVERYONE!
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Dree- changes are normal. A few years back when I was running a few miles every day mine stopped all together and my doctor recommended going on birth control to balance out everything. If the changes continue for another month or two I'd see a doctor to ensure it's from exercise.

I am really enjoying the Wii Fit, I bought it this weekend and love it. I never want to stop playing! Had a bad eating day. I ate junk food and underestimated the calories in my dinner. But it is what it is, tomorrow is a new day.

Congrats on all the losses.
  • Doreenpao
    Doreenpao Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am getting back on track... I have to admit not being very good about tracking food or exercise in the past 2 weeks. I have walk/run Monday night, Tuesday morning and night (3.5 miles) and I am registering for a 5K for 3/6. I will not be able to run the entire thing but it will be good to just do it... I will sign up for another in June...
    Thanks for the support everyone! :blushing: