Call me Impatient...I guess.

Options
OK. I love MFP. I've had some success since July 2012 here. I started at 1700 calories a day when I started P90X...lost inches and weight then.

Bounced up to 2300 calories lost a little, not much...and then steady plateau (I guess).

A week ago decided to go to the "guided" goal on MFP which states daily calories of 1670. I have worked out everyday this week, well today was light with yoga. I eat back most of my calories or often have had a couple hundred left. Either way, with 1670 calories a week, I should still lose 1 lbs a week.

I'm not sure what's happening??? Do I literally have to wait to see a loss for another three weeks? I thought this was if you increase calorie intake?

I'm so discouraged because I see peeps on here losing 1-1.5 pounds a week and not working out. They don't eat much of a breakfast, ect....and only eat between 1200-1400 calories. Should I be lower in my eating to find a loss again? I have 20 lbs that I still want to lose.

Thanks everyone! I know I could try for a little more patience, but its tough. I've been on this journey for well over 2 years. I've lost 66-68 (depending on the increase of pounds) and want to at least hit the 70 lbs lost mark. I'd like a healthy BMI. It sucks always being told your obese or overweight. I'm fighting back people!!! That's why I get so discouraged.

Replies

• faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention, I'm not doing P90X anymore. It ended three weeks ago.

I did start insanity, but stopped it last week. I'm working out to normal DVDs...cardio, strength, yoga, running, ect.
  • brownm33
    brownm33 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bumping for you. :)
  • Leeny01
    Leeny01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    One thing I know is that "they" say the last 20 pounds are the hardest to lose. So it doesn't surprise me that you're stalling. I know how infuriating it can be. I've been at this for years and have worked hard. It gets overwhelming but you've done such a great job!

Some things to consider when comparing yourself with others: do these ppl have a lot more weight to lose than you? If so, it's a whole different kettle of fish. Are they strength training? You've been building muscle, they could possibly be losing it.

You've gone about everything the right way and have done so well, don't give up now! My personal opinion is that you may not be eating enough calories right now. One thing I've heard people have success with is calorie confusion...like switching it up through the week, eating more some days, eating less on others, so you keep your body guessing. IT WILL COME OFF. Have a great week!
  • annie660
    Options
    What about lowering you calories for a couple of days and they go back to your normal goal? Do you think that might get you started again?
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yah....(mom)....I went down on calories for over a week. Will see how it goes and confuse it up a little maybe....depending on my workouts. I changed it initially since I hadn't been losing at the increased food intake and doing insanity.
  • IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER
    IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That happend to me but I had to eat between 700-100 calories no exercise and used the grapefruit diet and it broke my weight loss plateau and helped me lose again that last 20 pounds is the devil lol