30 Day Shred - Help!

Options
Hey i recently broke my leg in June just below my knee, i was in a full leg cast for 7 weeks and i have been out of cast since about the 20th of July, my leg is healed and i am walking fine but it is still very weak.
My doctor says im okay to do exercise but he said not to go straight into intense exercises,
iv been wanting to do the 30 day shred for a while now and today i did my first day level 1, i felt it in my knee but i could just about finish it, but now im worried if this exercise is too much for my knee, has anyone got any advice that might help? would be much appreciated!! :)

Replies

• TessaZx
    TessaZx Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    You really should check with your doctor..but you know level 1 is a lot of jumping jacks, and jump roping. Level 2 is a lot of plank exercises. Be careful not to push yourself too quickly.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I broke my leg 22 years ago and after 6 days of the shred had to stop! My knee was swollen and killing me....went to the doctor and she told me I had to wear a knee brace whenever I wanted to do the shred. So I am now the proud owner of a lovely knee brace which I wear proudly!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I would think it is too intense until you are better healed. I am moving ino level 3 tomorrow. There are a lot of jumping jacks and jump rope moves. It is better to be fully healed than to risk an worse injury.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I had an ankle injury some years ago and did not even think about it until now, but I started the shred too and stopped at the end of lvl 1 with an achillies heel injury and a foot arch injury. I would talk to your doc too and this is what I will be doing before I venture into it again! I would like to get through it but not at the cost of injuring myself and finding it even difficult to walk. Good luck :)
  • terri1020
    Options
    I also wear a knee brace to shred. I can't do the jumping so when they do that part of the video I do a different cardio move. Just keep moving and it will work. I also love her No More Trouble Zones video!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred would be against what your doctor advised you. Just don't do it. You could set yourself back even further.
  • Kiswinning
    Kiswinning Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I modified much of the jumping and still lost weight.
    Just make sure you are healed completely first.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred is pretty tough on the knees. I would start with something with less impact. Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds DVDS are very gentle on the joints and would be a nice place to start. You might be able to find a few at your local library too!:flowerforyou:
  • rcolours7
    Options
    too soon to do 30-day shred. you need at least another 6-8 months b/f doing this program.

u still need to build up your quad muscles.

do u have access to a pool (indoor)....take a water exercise class or just do some swimming/water walking.

i hurt my knee yrs ago playing sports - still gives me issues to this day. 30-day shred made me feel it again b/c of the jumping.

also, there's a 10-minute solutions pilates video that would be good to help strengthen ur legs as well as help you continue to tone & lose weight.
  • TessaZx
    Options
    Thanks guys that's really helped! will defiantly stay away from the 30 day shred now, just hope i haven't over done it with the first day, i will try and find some programmes that are more based around upper body, dont spose anyone knows any good ones?

Thanks again for all your help :)
  • TessaZx
    Options
    too soon to do 30-day shred. you need at least another 6-8 months b/f doing this program.

u still need to build up your quad muscles.

do u have access to a pool (indoor)....take a water exercise class or just do some swimming/water walking.

i hurt my knee yrs ago playing sports - still gives me issues to this day. 30-day shred made me feel it again b/c of the jumping.

also, there's a 10-minute solutions pilates video that would be good to help strengthen ur legs as well as help you continue to tone & lose weight.

Thanks :) yeah i was actually planning to start some swimming, hopefully i can do some, and that pilates sounds good, will look into it!