Trying to lose baby weight.

Options
Hi I had my first baby a few months ago and I've been unable to lose the weight I gained during pregnancy :s
I breastfed my baby, but that only made me eat more! I've tried weight watchers points plus and it worked well
for the first two weeks and then it didn't work anymore :p

Any advice? I tend to eat a lot of fresh fruit and I also have a sweet tooth (my demise, I know).

Is there a special community or topic for moms or new moms? Any help would be great! Thanks.

Replies

• amonn
    amonn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi im a first time mom to! my baby is 5 1/2 months ols. I breast feed him to. What is your exercise regiment? i know its hard to find time, but do you work out when he sleeps and all? I'm just starting to get back into it, its so hard because im always so tired. but i try to push myself because i always feel better after.
  • emchandler26
    Options
    Continue to push yourself! :) Set goals for yourself and you will achieve them! Do you use a calendar or anything to track what you do? What do you normally use for exercise?

You moms out there inspire me! Keep up the great work!
  • MissKekka
    MissKekka Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose the weight too, although can't really call it baby weight as my daughter is now 9 months old and i've gained 19 pounds since having her! oops!! Totally agree with the breastfeeding making you eat more!! Goodluck, you can do it!
  • aguilpul
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Hrmmm...exercise plan? Right now I don't have a lot of free time, hehe. What I've been doing is some weightlifting, but barely starting. I used to excercise before getting pregnant, but that was a while ago. Right now I want to focus on my diet first.

My original weight was 145, during pregnancy I went up to 180lb :s After I gave birth, the Iowest I weight was 157lb, but then, I started eating so much. It really got out of control and went to 160, then 163, 167 and I finally hit 170lb. Thats when I started with Weight watchers online and went down to 163, but it's not working very well anymore. I've been stuck in the same pound and I now weight 165. I don't want to gain anymore again!

It's so hard as a first time mom. Especially when I don't sleep. If I don't sleep and don't eat, I'm in a terrible mood :-/