I will definately need this site to help!

Options
My first time on MFP, and I am sure looking forward to the support that is out here. I have gained so much and really am so mad at myself for letting this happen. If anyone knows the best kick start exercises ie:treadmill, swimming, ?? I have a problem with my neck but cant let that be my excuse for where I am now. Thanks so much, and wish everyone good health on reaching their goals!

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Best exercise? The one you enjoy most, find easy to find the time to do, don't make excuses to avoid.
  • DirtyStacks
    DirtyStacks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am a very active MFP user...today is day 250. I welcome all friend requests. I offer encouragement and I rejoice in seeing others conquer their goals. We all have different goals, and different obstacles in our way. I like to think as I reach for my goals, others are there to inspire me, just as I'm sure I probably inspire others. If someone falls, I offer a word of encouragement and am always willing to share my experiences if someone thinks it will help.

Http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/dirtystacks

Only you can chose your path! We can help encourage you to walk it. :)
  • sweetkeys
    sweetkeys Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!! Yes - find something you enjoy doing or you won't do it. I discovered yoga almost 4 years ago and fell in love with it. I have lost 20 lbs. and now attend classes at my yoga studio Mon through Fri and have just recently joined a gym and signed up for a weekly session with a personal trainer. But it didn't all start at once. And the weight took time too. But I loved the yoga and so it was much easier to stick with it. Good Luck!!! And feel free to add me as a friend - I'd be glad to help you out with this journey!!
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    protect your neck
    if you do crunches, use a frame to stop you leading with your head.
    if you use rowing machine - not too fast, you can get near-whiplash on those things if you go berserk

if you joined a gym the equipment will be better than you can buy for home - unless you are THAT flushed. - and you can get advice from a qualified trainer
  • provemwrong
    Options
    Thank you so much, I tried yoga (hatha I believe) but was so embarassed the way I could not do the positions and poses. I will look into it again, I need to find time for myself and make that time. Have a great day!
  • thenewmrsgant
    thenewmrsgant Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    How about just walking? To date I've lost 104 pounds mostly by walking. As long as you are burning calories...that's a great start.
  • eye4art
    eye4art Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    How about just walking? To date I've lost 104 pounds mostly by walking. As long as you are burning calories...that's a great start.

I agree, walking or any any movement... I like to turn on the music and dance. In my mind I look great and since I'm by myself it doesn't matter if my moves look funny or not, I'm moving and burning calories. Whatever you do make sure you enjoy doing it or else it will become a chore to do and you will not stick with it.