Anyone in Chicago? Question :)

Options
My sister and I will be flying out to Chicago at the end of October. How cool does it get there around that time? Is it layering weather? Sweater weather? Or jacket weather? I've heard it gets windy and can get chilly. We got winter gear, as we're coming out of Utah BUT if we don't need to haul around bulky wardrobe - the better..

Replies

• capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    It'll be high of upper-mid 50's, lows in the 30's. Windy, chilly.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I would say fall coat/jacket and some warm cardigans should be enough.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    It's pretty darn chilly! It looks like it's supposed to be in the 50s a lot this next week, but the wind does add quite a bite to that. I'd go with light layers plus a jacket.
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It can all depend, right now the nights can get in the 35-45 range...the days are warming up to 55-60. It has been more on the windy side.

I would suggest checking the 10 day forecast online when it gets closer.
  • It really is the wind that gets ya.
    I was there a few years ago for a few days in April, and even though it wasn't really that cold temperature-wise, the WIND, man. It froze me. I have no idea what it's like during the fall, though, so the only legitimate piece of advice I can offer is to watch out for the wind because it is very cold wind.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    depends where you're coming from and what you're comfortable with. some people walk around in tshirts and shorts in this weather, and I need 2 layers of clothing.