Loose Skin Galore!

Options
Ha, just felt like throwing that out there.

Kinda been blah about that lately. My stomach looks better then it did when I was heavier, but once I bend over....it's very unsettling.

If any one is in the same boat as me. I feel yeah.

Replies

• LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    not to that point yet. Can't WAIT to be there!!!:laugh:
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Sure am. Especially around my inner thigh and boob area. I'm hoping everything will bounce back a little over time. I'm just trying to see it as battle scars to be proud of. I'd rather have loose skin than lard hanging off of me. :-)
  • Bellatrix
    Options
    Ha my stomach feels like dough. I don't want to be here.
  • Bellatrix
    Options
    My boobs are slowly, but surely saying good bye :P
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    Options
    I think I've lost about half my boobs which has made me sad. And everything is jiggly even though I've lost weight. I've got a doughy belly too. Don't worry, I'm there too! :-(
  • Bellatrix
    Options
    You're looking great. How much do you weigh now?
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    Options
    I'm down to 138. I started at about 215. :-)
  • Bellatrix
    Options
    Right on =) Keep it up.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    lol! Yep! I'm feeling the pain.. I referred to my boobs as "old goat balls" today because when I bend over.. well it looks like a pair of goat gonads. just hangin.. But hey! they still work and they do look better with a bra and clothes on, and in a bathing suit. :tongue: lol.
  • Bellatrix
    Options
    Ha! You made my day. That cracked me up...and I defiantly can relate
  • pawprint061
    Options
    I feel ya... instead of buying pants to fit my fat, they now have to fit my skin. I hate it. Easier to suck in... but it's still there. My boobs are still kinda there but they're super flat now... I can seriously grab my skin on my tummy with a hand on each side of my tummy and it fills both hands.... ugh.
  • jaxterbom
    Options
    Other than paying a ton of money to a nip/tuck doctor, I'm not sure what the answer is for loose skin!
    Guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I have a theory that that the same thing happens on the
    inside too - the stomach & intestinal wall get stretched and that's why it takes so much food to make us
    feel full.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Awww...sometimes it feels like a downside, but doesn't it feel so much better to have the weight off? I just had a tummy tuck on January 20th & they removed 3lbs of just skin! It seemed like there must have been at least 15lbs of skin there haha. Remember, the important thing is that you're getting to a healthy weight and lifestyle.

I have some pictures & have been documenting my progress. You can see my before & current photos at tightertummy.blogspot.com. I'm still super swollen, but it takes about a year to see final results.

Keep up the great work ladies!!!!
  • Bellatrix
    Options
    Awww...sometimes it feels like a downside, but doesn't it feel so much better to have the weight off? I just had a tummy tuck on January 20th & they removed 3lbs of just skin! It seemed like there must have been at least 15lbs of skin there haha. Remember, the important thing is that you're getting to a healthy weight and lifestyle.

I have some pictures & have been documenting my progress. You can see my before & current photos at tightertummy.blogspot.com. I'm still super swollen, but it takes about a year to see final results.

I'm for sure going to read that blog. Book marking it now. I was going through some of the pictures. Ouch, but very intriguing. Tough gal.
  • tech_sarah
    Options
    artschoolgirl, u look awesome and i wish i had the balls to have that surgery
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Sure am. Especially around my inner thigh and boob area. I'm hoping everything will bounce back a little over time. I'm just trying to see it as battle scars to be proud of. I'd rather have loose skin than lard hanging off of me. :-)

Hey way to put a positive spin on it, 'battle scars', love that and so true!

You're doing excellent on the weighloss, congrats!:drinker: :heart:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

You've always been so supportive :smooched:

What you say above, it's so true, I know as I lose and the skin gets looser (sp) I have to keep reminding myself the weight is dropping off and that is creating a healthier body. When I keep that in mind, I do well.

You really have a very supportive bf to help you out before and after the surgery, pretty awesome!! I'm following your blog and am so proud of you, getting healthy, creating goals and then following through with the surgery you've wanted for so long.

Cheers:drinker:
  • pawprint061
    Options

I checked out your blog. Looks like you have come a long way... I'm very impressed with your courage. Keep it up and keep updating your blog.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I was talking about this with my daughters just a week or so ago! I have decided that I'm happier with a healthier body under saggy skin than with a fat one under firm skin!

Actually, considering my age, I don't think its all that bad--yet! (I wonder--will Medicare help pay for a tummy tuck? LOL!)
  • Bellatrix
    Options
    I was talking about this with my daughters just a week or so ago! I have decided that I'm happier with a healthier body under saggy skin than with a fat one under firm skin!

Actually, considering my age, I don't think its all that bad--yet! (I wonder--will Medicare help pay for a tummy tuck? LOL!)

Yeah, I''m starting realize that too. I'm happier this way then before =)