sad

Options
i just need to really really get this out. I've been so upset today. When i see myself in the mirror or in pictures i just am sooo embarrassed. Its really hard for me to except the fact that i am so much bigger than my fiance. sounds dumb i know but it bugs me so much. He's 6'3 and im 5'1 and i feel like im supposed to be this petite cute chick thats little compared to him but no i look huge compared to him. Maybe im just having a bad day but i feel freaking huge and i cant stop crying. im trying so hard to get healthy and be small and i just dont feel like there is any difference whats so ever and i know it takes time. sorry just needed to vent.

Replies

• jdtd1967
    jdtd1967 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It will get better...there is a lot of support on here..hang in there..:)
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    It's okay to vent and let out the frustration. But I'm sure that a lot of it is just perception. And, I know, it's a lot harder when we're short, because we have less "wiggle room." But remember, he loves you, and not just for your body. Keep working at making yourself the best you that you can be, inside and out, and I'm sure that you'll be great together :flowerforyou:
  • LadyofLight08
    LadyofLight08 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I was in that same situation with my ex, I was about 100 pounds heavier than him. I lost 54 pounds with him, it wasn't enough, my insecurity got to me and it ruined our relationship. Now I'm actually with someone who weighs the same as me and I'm happy, but I'm still slighting wider than he is since I'm 5'1 and he's 5'11
    I'm just going to keep trying and don't feel discouraged, be happy. If he loves you, he'll be proud of your body just the way it is and even prouder for achieving your desired body ( :
    Good luck!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Hey man, don't be sad. Chanel that energy into making changes in your life to become the person you want to be. Take small steps, and don't be discouraged. With time and perseverance you will reach your goals.
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    thank you guys! i feel alittle better now! XD
  • ThisIsMaggie
    ThisIsMaggie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I hope you take this the right way.

I've been exactly where you are now. As I'm sure many other women have, too. When I got engaged to my fiance' I was 30lbs heavier than him...I'm also 9 inches shorter than him. I hated the fact that he was gorgeous and I was an oger. So, I started trying to lose weight to be smaller than him...a good sized proportion compared to him. I failed. I'd try again. I'd fail again.

Then a year and a half after all this comparison of me to him (and so many failures of dieting), we were at a park getting our engagement photos taken. The photographer thought it'd be cute and funny to have us on a see-saw. So, without even thinking, we both jumped on. All the sudden "WAM", my fiance's butt hit the ground. And it hit me at that moment. I was actually lighter than him. And not just by a few pounds but by 40lbs!

My point is...Once I stopped being so concerned about how much I weighed in comparison to him and what the typical happy couple should physically look like, I actually began losing the weight for myself, my health, my body, my life.

Good luck. Stick with it. Forever.