112 miles bike ride!

Options
Masterdo
Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
First post in Success Stories.

Yesterday was the Ironman World Championship in Kona, so I decided to try and do the 112 miles bike leg, to see how far I've progressed so far. I have a Computrainer and the course is available, so I rode the same course.

I did it in 7:40 riding time, but it took a bit over 10 hours including breaks. I burned over 5500 calories according to HRM.

It's my ultimate goal to earn a spot in that race by 2017 and complete the course for real, so this was kinda the first real assessment.

Result : I'm still a fat software engineer, but I do know now that one day, I'll be an Ironman :)

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Damn dude...I feel like a boss when i do 40-45 miles...but 112...no thanks.
  • martintanz
    Options
    Fantastic. I am a recreational rider and one of my future goals is to do a longish bike tour.
  • silversurfah
    silversurfah Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Awesome I have my sights set for the half triathlon on the Big Island! Will do a sprint tri in June 2013 then who knows!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    I did 125 miles in three days once....:ohwell: and I felt like a badass.

Congrats, I think that's quite an achievement.
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    That is a long day on a CompuTrainer. Congrats!

It's an awesome training tool!
  • DirtyStacks
    DirtyStacks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You ROCK!
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Awesome job-- keep up the good work!
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • Ktewson
    Ktewson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Dude, my gym did a Virtual Ironman (where you have a whole month to cumulatively do all the Ironman distances, will-you nill-you, you don't have to do the same course) and that nearly killed me! You rock and should feel proud!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!