Sensa

poedunk65
poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
Has anyone tried this new things called Sensa? It is a non drug based weight loss thing that uses the smell aspect for eating. It is supposed to make you feel full sooner to stop your eating. Totally natural too. Let me know what you people think?

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    It's a scam. If you want something natural to put on your food that might make you become more full sooner, go outside and grab some dirt. It's from mother nature and it's free. This is exactly what I told someone yesterday.

At one point or another we all wanted the quick and easy fix. I didn't use pills or drinks or powders. But really .. IF they worked they would cost a FORTUNE because pretty much everyone would be desperate to use it. Nobody would just give away a magic weight loss pill for $19.99 a bottle.

I think you can easily do it on your own, just watch what you eat and especially portion sizes. Just my opinion.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    It's a scam. If you want something natural to put on your food that might make you become more full sooner, go outside and grab some dirt. It's from mother nature and it's free. This is exactly what I told someone yesterday.

At one point or another we all wanted the quick and easy fix. I didn't use pills or drinks or powders. But really .. IF they worked they would cost a FORTUNE because pretty much everyone would be desperate to use it. Nobody would just give away a magic weight loss pill for $19.99 a bottle.

I think you can easily do it on your own, just watch what you eat and especially portion sizes. Just my opinion.

How do you know it is a scam?
  • HotMessPrincess
    HotMessPrincess Posts: 10 Member
    Honestly, those commercials make me so mad. Skinny people dancing around the beach shaking Sensa onto bacon cheeseburgers and smothered hot dogs. LOL. How ridiculous is that.

I didn't need to shake anything on my food to GAIN this weight - nor did I take special supplements or anything like that. I gained this weight by making bad choices. I'm losing the weight by making GOOD choices.

I've been successful this time because I finally stopped buying into all that special diet/supplement garbage. Weight loss is a simple equation combined with a lot of soul searching and psychological crud you have to sort through.

The diet industry is full of millionaires for a reason. :-) I'm not giving them one more dime.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Has anyone tried this new things called Sensa? It is a non drug based weight loss thing that uses the smell aspect for eating. It is supposed to make you feel full sooner to stop your eating. Totally natural too. Let me know what you people think?

I would save your money. If you think appetite supression is the way to go, I'd suggest looking closer at food selection to maximize your satiety and/or food volume first.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member

I would be comfortable saying it's a scam in the same way I'd be comfortable saying that a unicorn will never eat the shrubbery in my front yard.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,177 Member
    I use windex
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    I had considered this briefly when I first saw the ad, but regardless of whether or not it is a "scam" even if it does work:

1) Are you going to [continue] to eat un-healthy? If so, than it's completely useless. "You are what you eat" regardless of your pant size.
    2) What happens when you stop using it? Esp. if you're eating the foods they show in the commercial... you will definitely gain all that back fast.
    3) It does not control the main problem which is unhealthy food/lifestyle habits. It actually enables/promotes UN healthy living.

On the other hand though, I can definitely see how a jump start can boost your motivation but it's risky. Enter with caution. There is no easy way out.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member

Do you really think sprinkling a magic white powder on your food will make you lose weight? Also the guy who 'created' the product was the one who conducted the study himself. Plus this product claims you can still eat WHATEVER you want and do NO exercise and you will magically lose weight. I guess I just hate to see people ripped off. If all these pills, juices, drinks, powders or sprinkles worked nobody would be over-weight.
    [/quote]
  • My mother in law "bought herself some Sensa on HSN and decided not to use it" so she gave it to us. I think it was a not so sutble hint. Unfortunately, she has been so busy devising ways for us to lose weight, she hasn't noticed that I have lost 35 pounds and her son has lost about 20 all by making better choices.