WAY BELOW CALORIES!

Options
Medilia
Medilia Posts: 230 Member
The day is almost over all that is left is dinner and I have 286 (I have already planned a dinner of 196 calories) (I am not eating back exercise calories of which I have 346) calories left. I don't want any carbs because I am cutting them out of evening meals. Any other suggestions for bulking up my calories for the day?

Replies

• suribruise
    Options
    If you're trying to lose weight I have no idea why you're panicking about a few leftover calories.

Also, if you're trying to lose weight, presumably you recall how to gain weight since you managed it in the first place (much like the rest of us), so it shouldn't be that hard to eat a little more.

Either way, this is a total non-issue.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Add a garden salad to your dinner.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't sweat being below 90 calories. My calories are set at 2100 and sometimes I have to fill 7 or 800 calories after I've logged my meals.

Strangely enough I never had this problem when I used to eat a bag of chips for dinner every day, haha.
  • Medilia
    Medilia Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Suribruise, I actually got fat because of medication messing with my appetite, I was on an appetite suppressant until I was 16 and when I came off it my body did not know how to behave and I would binge and starve myself and put my body in starvation mode. So it is not easy for me to just go eat more, I am in a phase when I would usually be starving myself so I am not craving food at all I am forcing myself to eat as it is.

thanks Steph =)

No no, I am like 250 below plus my exercise calories.
  • FutureMrsWarby
    FutureMrsWarby Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    your dinner is less than 200 calories alone? something tells me you aren't eating big enough meals.
  • roswyn80
    roswyn80 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Your diary says you've consumed 914 calories so far today, so you could do with eating a few more to get to 1200 or so. :)

I know you said no carbs, but try eating bananas, or some nuts, with a glass of fruit juice? Maybe a cookie or two, if you have them around - a little treat now and then isn't bad for you. ;) That's how I'd fill out my diary if I needed to!

While it's good to try and hit at least 1200 calories, I don't think one day of being under will be too terrible.

Good luck! :D
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    A lot of us have found pre-logging our food diary works well so we know what we can or can't eat for the day. Give it a try so those cakes that you keep having and not knowing the calories are counted in :) no shocks that way! You'll be able to stay to your goals and issues like this won't arise because you planned ahead.
  • roswyn80
    roswyn80 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    A lot of us have found pre-logging our food diary works well so we know what we can or can't eat for the day. Give it a try so those cakes that you keep having and not knowing the calories are counted in :) no shocks that way! You'll be able to stay to your goals and issues like this won't arise because you planned ahead.

This is what I tend to do! :) It's easy to plan a day ahead if you're able to make your own meals. :)