Help a skinny fat girl out please :)

My body is strange iv lost weight on my upper half only an I still look like I'm stood in a box I hav no befor pics of my back but how do I blast this horrible bit of fat that makes me look like I'm in half of fat suit please ?. Profile pic <<<<

Replies

• HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Anyone?
  • Unfortunately, I keep hearing there's no way to 'spot reduce' fat... like, you can't work out to lose weight on just the tummy, for example. I'm noticing too that I have little control over where and when the fat goes.

Happily, though, I've noticed that I'm losing first where I gained last; so the face, hands, calves, shoulders. So if you just keep at it you should be okay. Gaining some lean muscle might be a good idea too, as it makes you look leaner, feel firmer, and the more muscle you have the quicker you burn off fat.

I hope I helped! Good luck :)
  • HotMummyMission
    That's I can see my body starting to take shape if only I could cut my hips of an I would be very happy x
  • I tried Hyproxi recently. It's a bit costly but it really helped me reduce the fat around my hips bum and thighs.
    http://www.hypoxitone.com/

xo
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    whats your current exercise regime?
  • It is true you have to keep working hard to get to those areas that are hard to lose. I have the same problem.. My hips and butt are a lot bigger than my upper body. In fact I almost have a six pack but got a large butt. I have realized that nothing is going to change this. I have lifted, eat clean and did tons of cardio....My body is now in its women body not my teen body anymore. :( But I love it now!

Keep working hard and you should see good things. Take measurements that always helps to see if you are making progress. I would do cardio. The more cardio you do the more calories you burn but YOU need to also lift! Muscle burns fat!
  • HotMummyMission
    whats your current exercise regime?

I. Dnt have time to go to the gym with having a toddler I do 45 mi nhs of Zumba everyday mon-fri and scrub the house for an hour a day an I'm at work the rest office job x
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    You need to lift heavy...plain and simple. I have a 5 yr old and a 2 yr old and I still make it to the gym every other day. Either I put them in the daycare or I leave them home with my husband or my mom...it's only for an hour afterall. You'll love the results!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    i would swap half the zumba for a strength training program, as its bodyfat you need to reduce. you dont need to go to the gym for this - think press ups, plank, squats

other than that you just need to be patient. as others have said, you cant spot reduce, but the bottom half should catch up with the top! that being said, have a look at the rest of the women in your family, genetics can be mean!!!!
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    You need to be lifting heavy 3 times a week and if your a cardio addict cut down on the cardio. Working muscles with compound lifts will give you the shape that you want.

stronglifts 5x5.or starting strength or new rules of lifting for women - they are all good programs plus stronglifts and NROLFW both have groups on MFP. There are also several good strength training groups as well.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    At age 54, I have found that yoga and barre 3 (on the wii and internet) are my go to's for getting past the skinny-fat ... I also walk on my breaks at my office job.

The barre 3 is particularly good at the long lean look I am going for. The most awesome thing was the melting away of the back fat.

Both the wii yoga and barre 3 allow you do to do routines in 10 minute increments. Great stuff.
  • HotMummyMission
    i would swap half the zumba for a strength training program, as its bodyfat you need to reduce. you dont need to go to the gym for this - think press ups, plank, squats

other than that you just need to be patient. as others have said, you cant spot reduce, but the bottom half should catch up with the top! that being said, have a look at the rest of the women in your family, genetics can be mean!!!!
    everywoman in my family are 4ft and super skinny hahaha I'm 5ft 7 and very curvy I must of been a throwback hahah :( and am noticing fac disappearing from my bum so I'm all out of proportion at the min has anyone eles had this problem an how long did it take for the, to get to a normal size x
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    I started to lose weight,then stopped losing pounds,but was losing inches on lower part of my body/pper part of my body.I decreased my cardio and did more weights ,seem to help. JM 30DS is a good 20 min. circuit training with weights you can do at home.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Here is a link to a body weight beginner training program that you can do at home...I haven't started it yet but am planning to swap some of my cardio time to do this instead. There are lots of success stories which have achieved amazing results in changing body shapes through strength training.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

That being said, I think a teeny tiny waist and big bum is super sexy, just my two cents!
  • andibswanson
    andibswanson Posts: 15 Member

everywoman in my family are 4ft and super skinny hahaha I'm 5ft 7 and very curvy I must of been a throwback hahah :( and am noticing fac disappearing from my bum so I'm all out of proportion at the min has anyone eles had this problem an how long did it take for the, to get to a normal size x

You have to add in strength training.....Your body needs to build muscle in order to burn fat. Add in at least 2 days a week of strength. You can do this at home using every day things including your kids and your own body weight. Where there is a will there is a way. Good luck!
  • trackstack
    trackstack Posts: 174 Member
    It is true you have to keep working hard to get to those areas that are hard to lose. I have the same problem.. My hips and butt are a lot bigger than my upper body. In fact I almost have a six pack but got a large butt. I have realized that nothing is going to change this. I have lifted, eat clean and did tons of cardio....My body is now in its women body not my teen body anymore. :( But I love it now!

Keep working hard and you should see good things. Take measurements that always helps to see if you are making progress. I would do cardio. The more cardio you do the more calories you burn but YOU need to also lift! Muscle burns fat!

You should listen to MissionPossible it's great wisdom and her accomplishments seems impressive.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    I think you are being wayyy to hard on yourself, as most people tend to be. you look incredible now. Good luck with working on those areas you see as a problem.
  • i would swap half the zumba for a strength training program, as its bodyfat you need to reduce. you dont need to go to the gym for this - think press ups, plank, squats

You have to add in strength training.....Your body needs to build muscle in order to burn fat. Add in at least 2 days a week of strength. You can do this at home using every day things including your kids and your own body weight. Where there is a will there is a way. Good luck!

I totally agree! You can use every day things to do a weight lifting program or go and get resistant bands. You can start with lunges and squats. For us big thigh girls.... I find doing lunges around the world HELP a lot! Right Leg lunge at 12 o'clock, then 3 o'clock and then back to 6 o'clock. With left leg back to 6, side to 9 and up to 12. You don't really need weight at first but this works a lot of different muscles. You could hold your child for extra weight :) I would do 3 sets of 10. Make sure you keep your knee on top of the ankle! NEVER allow the knee to go over the toe!!

Clean up the food!! Only shop on the outer isles in the grocery! I grab a few things like peanut butter and spices from the isles but I rarely shop there...that is where all the process junk is!
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    no way round it....pick up some iron. go heavy, go hard ;)
  • Do some strength training in the area you think is small i.e your top half and cardio for the other (bottom half). This will help with your proportion. When I say cardio for the other/bottom half, nothing beats goold ol fashion running/jogging. I have yet to see any person who does any sort of endurance running with large thighs, butt etc....I'm not talking sprints as sprinters get power from their quads and glutes (thighs and butt) and that area tends to be large-ish.
    Running as boring as it sounds is the best for losing and maintaining a narrow mid section. Also what someone else posted, look at your genetics, if ya meant to big in some areas and smaller in others then no amount of training will change that without some serious commitment.
  • Do some strength training in the area you think is small i.e your top half and cardio for the other (bottom half). This will help with your proportion. When I say cardio for the other/bottom half, nothing beats goold ol fashion running/jogging. I have yet to see any person who does any sort of endurance running with large thighs, butt etc....I'm not talking sprints as sprinters get power from their quads and glutes (thighs and butt) and that area tends to be large-ish.
    Running as boring as it sounds is the best for losing and maintaining a narrow mid section. Also what someone else posted, look at your genetics, if ya meant to big in some areas and smaller in others then no amount of training will change that without some serious commitment.

Agree! Running has really helped me tone up! But it wasn't till I lifted seriously till the legs starts looking better. But he is right Running is the best kind of cardio for girls like us!
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    My body is strange iv lost weight on my upper half only an I still look like I'm stood in a box I hav no befor pics of my back but how do I blast this horrible bit of fat that makes me look like I'm in half of fat suit please ?. Profile pic <<<<

I was complaining to my trainer about that this AM. The weight seems to come off where you don't want it to. The fact is: It will happen, just keep going. We can't choose what gets smaller, despite the exercises that you do. THe key is continued loss. Eventually those areas will taper down. I guarantee they are getting smaller You just don't see it as they have further to go. Consider measuring...