how long does it take before you see some results?

Options
bum324
bum324 Posts: 12 Member
Hi,
It's only been my second week and I am very eager to shed some fat around my waist and build more muscle. I am eating lots of fruits, veggies, protein shakes 3 times workout circuit training every other day and running 45-50 mins every other. Drink about 2-3 liters of water and no sodas.
I've became more of calory concious now and scared of fast food.
I heard dont trust the scale at the gym and it's so true, yesterday my weight fluctuated btw. 2-3 lbs on the heavier side at the gym scale...
it scares me and i can see my body changing little more.
I intake about 1400cal avrg. / day
so I guess expecting drastic change is greety? how long will it take before i see some good results?
what are the recomended exercise to lose flab around lower belly? Besides cardio - I am on that!
Thanks guys!!!

Replies

• bum324
    Options
    Hi,
    It's only been my second week and I am very eager to shed some fat around my waist and build more muscle. I am eating lots of fruits, veggies, protein shakes 3 times workout circuit training every other day and running 45-50 mins every other. Drink about 2-3 liters of water and no sodas.
    I've became more of calory concious now and scared of fast food.
    I heard dont trust the scale at the gym and it's so true, yesterday my weight fluctuated btw. 2-3 lbs on the heavier side at the gym scale...
    it scares me and i can see my body changing little more.
    I intake about 1400cal avrg. / day
    so I guess expecting drastic change is greety? how long will it take before i see some good results?
    what are the recomended exercise to lose flab around lower belly? Besides cardio - I am on that!
    Thanks guys!!!
  • magdalune
    magdalune Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Different people lose from different places, and you can't target fat loss. You can only target muscle tone. You cannot expect immediate gratification with weight loss - the healthiest drastic changes are about 1-2 pounds a week, but it adds up.

I've been on MFP for a month, and I have not seen any change. But it's supposed to take longer for women. Wait for about two months - I know it's hard. When you don't see a change, you wonder if it's going to do any good at all. However, even if your weight isn't changing, you may be improving in muscle mass and tone, and you know that having healthy habits in general will help your body work all the better on a chemical level. Good luck!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I saw changes in my body and in how i felt after just a few days, after 10 days my weight dropped by 3 lbs. Others are just now beginning to notice my losses. It is different for everyone.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    For the lower belly...leg lifts, plank pose and jump rope work well.

~Namaste
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    :smile: You look like you're pretty fit already.

What you really probably need to do is tone, just as much or more than you need to lose weight. Losing weight when you're only slightly overweight is pretty damn hard in the first place. I've been on here 6 weeks and what with daily fluctuations I've probably only lost about 4 pounds - I think as of this week I can see differences in my body though. Just stick with it.

Also, make sure you aren't eating too little. If you only eat 1400 cals a day... that's got to be WAY too few for a man! If you starve your body, it eats muscle, and that's a major setback. My husband started eating more and now he is gaining muscle like crazy. Experiment!!
  • Valjas_
    Valjas_ Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes, 1400 calories today for a man is a BIG NO NO. It will send your body into starvation mode in which it will actually begin to store fat. Not to mention the health risks and nutritional deficiencies that it will create. There are tools on this site and others that will help you figure out your BMR. And you should get a good idea of how many calories you need to consume each day.

By looking at your pic I can see that you really only have to lose your love handles and maybe tone up/tighten up a few other areas. Make sure you eat the right amount of food and this will help you gain muscle. The added muscle with both tone you, as well as improve your metabolism. This is because it takes more energy to retain muscle fiber.

So my recommendation to you would be to stick with what you are doing exercise wise as it seems like a well balanced and healthy setup. Eat more. And add a total ab workout to your daily routine. You can find some really good ones for free at MensHealth.com. Search for abs and abs diet.
  • bum324
    Options
    What were you doing differently from before that you've saw some drastic changes in weight?
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Here are some of the posts that might interest you.. the one about eatring 700 cal and being overweight helped me a lot also the one where it talks about eating all your calories.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
    The closer you get to your ideal weight the harder it is to loose it....I know you live in california but there is such a thing as being too thin... and body image has a lot to do with how we feel about ourselvesand not neccesarily how we really look... I looked at your profile and I don't think that you are fat... just a little more toning and I think you would look great:bigsmile:
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    What were you doing differently from before that you've saw some drastic changes in weight?

Um... I think the point is that you are NOT going to see DRASTIC changes in weight... because you're pretty close to your ideal weight already. Sorry, dude. You're just going to have to be patient, like me! :grumble:
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    Options
    Typically someone who is deconditioned it would take about 4-6 weeks to see drastic physical change the first 4-6 weeks is neurological maybe some weight lose. Someone who is not deconditioned can usually see results within 2-3 weeks. This may not be measured in lbs but in strength, intensity increasing, and higher endurance.