Beginner youtube links?

Options
Hi guys,

Yesterday I found out I am almost 200lbs and technically obese according to my BMI so today is my first day of putting my plan into action and starting to eat better and burn some fat. In a few days I'm going to a dietitian to set me an eating plan and when I can afford to, I will join a gym, but until then I need a little bit of help!

I was just looking for some effective exercise videos on youtube for beginners or overweight/obese people. I heard pilates was good to start off with so I was gonna look into that. I would like one with stuff like squats to build muscle and eventually I will go and buy some weights and a ball before I join the gym.

I have 2 hours to today to work out so any links to footage or channels would be appreciated. :-)

Replies

• xxellie
    Options
    Anyone?? :(
  • wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any...sorry, but I wanted to say I'm proud of you for taking a step in the right direction!! I'm sure you can just type easy pilates in on youtube and find some things that you could do to start off. You could also just walk. Lots of people lose weight walking. I have a stationary bike that has different "routes" you can take, so that's what I use a lot. But, I enjoy walking too. I think you can look up "Be your own gym" to get ideas for things you can use at home to work out. :)
  • iSpuggz
    iSpuggz Posts: 39
    Options
    I recommend this Youtube channel, tons of different workouts. Dancing, Yoga, Jillian Michaels etc.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFit
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Tiffany Rothe Workouts
    Pop-Pilates
    BeFti
    Inshape4you
    myosource
    popsugarfit tv
    kbands training
    Livestrong woman

All those are what helped me.... trust me.... they will help you as well :)
  • shellux
    shellux Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Some good info there :)
  • xxellie
    Options
    Thanks guys. :D
  • shipwreck79
    Options
    How about Zumba for beginners. : )