Working out and washing your hair!!!

Options
I just wanted to tell you all about my secret weapon. I am an every other day hair washer (highlights + everyday washing = dry, frizzy, dull, disaster). Anyway, I find that when I workout my hair gets sweaty and it does not look very nice the next morning. I was unsure about what to do since I can't wash it everyday but I also refuse to sport the Give Up Do, A.K.A the ponytail, until I talked to my stylist and she told my about Ojon Rub-out Dry Cleanser. She said she uses it for the exact same reason and it is her holy grail, well, now it is mine too. You just spray it on your roots the morning that you don't shampoo and brush it through your hair and your hair will look fresh and clean, like you just washed and blow dried it. It also gives your hair Mega VOLUME! Then all you have to do is hit it with a flat iron or curling iron and your out the door. What are some items that you can't live without since you started working out? (non-food items)

P.S. I buy mine at Sephora. Ulta also carries it. It is $24.

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I love that 'cause I also cannot wash everyday...it's dulls the color so much...thanks for sharing
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    WoW! You are super gorgeous and have do die for hair! I saw some of that Ojon on QVC and almost bought some, I'm going to now! Right now my must haves are just a 32oz water bottle and a good sports bra!
  • sk2010
    sk2010 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip on the Ojon product!

I recently got a Polar HR monitor that also counts calories burned when I am working out. With this, I am more open to trying new activities and gym classes, because I know I can still get an accurate calorie count. I can also better accurately gauge when I am working at my target HR ranges, and when I could be stepping up the intensity
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! That information is invaluble!!
  • Alexandra888
    Options
    baby powder... dries up any oil. And hair spray helps too.
  • elizabennett
    Options
    Big Sexy Hair has a dry shampoo that sounds similar. I love that I don't have to wash it every day now!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Good tip, I'll have to check it out. I cannot live without my HRM, my trial size bathroom items so they all fit in my toiletry bag, my travel blow dryer (which I am convinced makes me hair look better than my more expensive regular size one) and my new gym that actually has showers so I can work out in the morning and then shower before work.
  • ambercole
    Options
    WoW! You are super gorgeous and have do die for hair! I saw some of that Ojon on QVC and almost bought some, I'm going to now! Right now my must haves are just a 32oz water bottle and a good sports bra!

Ha ha! A good sports bra is a definite!!! No need for a concussion! :laugh:
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Need to find this Ojon Rub-out Dry Cleanser! Thanks for the tip!
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    baby powder... dries up any oil. And hair spray helps too.

Hair spray does work, the alcohol dries it back out...

But the baby powder, that only works for blondes....or I'm not doing it right because when I did the baby powder, I looked like my hair had been in a dandruff blizzard! LOL

Definitely going to look into this....or maybe just figure out how to die my baby powder black! LOL
  • indiankel
    indiankel Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    awesome! Thanks for the post. Like you...I can only wash my hair every other day due to excessive blonde!!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I go this common sense tip in a fitness mag. I only wash my hair every other day. If I workout in between I put a small amount of shampoo on my fingers and just wash the scalp around the sweaty areas. My scalp gets clean and the hair does not dry out!
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    How is the texture of your hair after you apply dry shampoo? I tried one, and I couldn't even put my fingers through it! BTW, I saw in my Ulta ad that Tresseme or Garnier came out with a "dry shampo" type thing for around $5 :love:
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    How is the texture of your hair after you apply dry shampoo? I tried one, and I couldn't even put my fingers through it! BTW, I saw in my Ulta ad that Tresseme or Garnier came out with a "dry shampo" type thing for around $5 :love:

Ooh! I will keep a look out next time I'm at the store - thanks!
  • Callmefia
    Options
    I tried the Tresseme dry shampoo (Giant Eagle, 3 for $10) and it works pretty good for being so cheap. I have SUPER greasy hair and I have always had to wash every day. This helps me go without washing once in awhile.