NSV keeping me sane while the scales mislead

Options
hookandy
hookandy Posts: 278 Member
Today I had good news and bad news. Jumped on the scales this Monday morning. Better than it could have been, but still no lose from the last 2 weeks.

However I did have to put a second new notch in my belt.

The NSVs really do help keep you on track while the scales try to throw you off the wagon.

Replies

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Today I had good news and bad news. Jumped on the scales this Monday morning. Better than it could have been, but still no lose from the last 2 weeks.

However I did have to put a second new notch in my belt.

The NSVs really do help keep you on track while the scales try to throw you off the wagon.

definitely!

I'm still trying to wrap my head around being 199lbs and wearing clothes that I wore when I was 175lbs! I swear I bought a certain belt when I was 160-170lbs, and it barely fit, and now at 199lbs, I am on the smallest hole.

my thighs are smaller now than they were when I was 25lbs lighter :D
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    The scale is evil. Focus on measurements :)
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when the scale wont budge the other forms of measurement show us our progress and what we are doing is working. Belts tighter, pants looser, moving easier etc.

Sometimes the scale sticks but as long as we keep doing what we need to do it will move again!
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Biggest NSV was being able to buy clothes on the High Street. It is nice having the choice of jeans, rather than just the one pair in a size that fits.

Think that I will buy a new belt this week.
  • corlas0105
    corlas0105 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

^^^^THIS! Muscle weighs more than fat. I try NEVER to use my scale anymore...I say "try" because I will still guiltily step on it once in a while.
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options

THIS!!!!

I weigh myself daily, but only to see the trends. I don't focus on that number. I measure myself monthly and I'm consistently losing inches. That's the important part. So many factors can affect the scale.

Good for you though!
  • luvsyoga
    luvsyoga Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The scale is my enemy!!
    I haven't lost a lb all summer, then I took my measurements.... I lost 5 inches off my waist! Way better than losing a lb!!! Keep up the great work!
  • eksproductions
    eksproductions Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    The scale has never been that important to me and until very recently (last week) I didnt even own one - and when I did finally buy one it was because it measures BF% not weight...I much prefer to focus on the nsv's - looser clothes, and better shape in the mirror - because I'm doing strenght training right away I dont expect the scales to drop dramatically right now - but they'll come in time too! Keep up the good work!!!!
  • TBird135
    TBird135 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. ...and thanks for this post; I really needed it today. Scales are my enemy today!
  • debrajdavid
    debrajdavid Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am new to mfp. I so love the success stories - very encouraging. Was does NSV stand for??
  • corndog33
    Options
    NSV = non-scale victory
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    NSV = non scale victory
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    The scale is a dirty *kitten* and she showed me that again this morning BUT

I live in MN and have pulled out all my Fall/winter clothes from last year for this year and so far - every skirt/pant etc has been way too big!! I call that a huge NSV!
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    The scales must be lying - I saw you last weekend and you are sooooooooooooooooooooo much smaller. Don't let them get you down, you are (as your belt proves) moving in the right direction xx
  • debrajdavid
    debrajdavid Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the information! Now I completely understand!!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!