WHY AM I GIVING UP :(

Options
Okay up until last week i was doing amazingly well on my diet i was eating in moderation staying away from all the 'dirty' foods and really caring about my weight, the weekend came and i was shot down although mfp was saying i was eating just under 1300 calories i stll felt disgusted with myself :( ive lost 10lb so far and its amazing seeing the results on the scale but im not seeing any results on myself which just unmotivates me everytime. Another problem i am having is my thighs theyre so awful and flabby and ive seen no blooming difference literally just want to shoot myself for giving up its soooooooooo hard to lay off the carbs im a pastaholic and although i tell my parents that i want BROWN PASTA it just seems to be a nogo in my house please somebody help me get back on track want to see that scale on 8 stone!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to be OFF pasta and carbs? Just eat them in moderation. It's so much easier to maintain the lifestyle, when it's maintainable, you know? Don't cut yourself off, cut yourself back.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You are the only person who can make yourself want this. If you want it bad enough, you will work for it.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Your body will change but it's changing slowly. Other people will notice the difference. Even though I haven't noticed much of a difference in my body I'm seeing it in my measurements. My cousin actually gave me a compliment this weekend asking if I was dropping weight. That was great motivation to hear.
  • applexface
    Options
    Hey, I am in a similar position to you. I was doing fantastic this summer, and then I went to a theme park and everything went downhill. Don't give up. Just keep exercising, and eat healthy foods. I know what you mean about the pasta, I LOVEEE the stuff, and whenever we make pasta at my house now, I try to bowl my own pot with whole wheat. Try doing that, :)
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It%2BTakes%2B4%2BWeeks%2Bv2.jpeg
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Okay up until last week i was doing amazingly well on my diet i was eating in moderation staying away from all the 'dirty' foods and really caring about my weight, the weekend came and i was shot down although mfp was saying i was eating just under 1300 calories i stll felt disgusted with myself :( ive lost 10lb so far and its amazing seeing the results on the scale but im not seeing any results on myself which just unmotivates me everytime. Another problem i am having is my thighs theyre so awful and flabby and ive seen no blooming difference literally just want to shoot myself for giving up its soooooooooo hard to lay off the carbs im a pastaholic and although i tell my parents that i want BROWN PASTA it just seems to be a nogo in my house please somebody help me get back on track want to see that scale on 8 stone!

Time and consistency.

Lose low carb if you like carbs.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    can you go to the market with them, and show them what you want? Otherwise, buy it yourself and even cook it for yourself if they're that resistant to you. It does take time. maybe try some jogging. It's made a difference in my legs in just a couple months. Hang in there. You're still young and have plenty of time. :wink:
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Patience is going to be a HUGE factor in this. You will start to see changes eventually, and eventually other people will notice. No one else can do this but you. You need to do this to feel good about yourself, be healthy, and be confident. you'll figure it out. You need to realize you need to change so much about your life for this to work, and soon it will feel right. (I go to the gym now and I LIKE it! now THAT'S crazy) It just takes time and adjustment. hang in there!
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Let me ask you this, how long did it take you to put this weight on?

Times that by 2. That is how long you should expect it to take to come off. You need to enjoy this whole process and the fact you are becoming a healthier person! Don't just think about the scale. Think about the pounds of pressure you are removing from your knees, or the years you are adding to your life!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not evil. Just a diet with too many carbs will not help you. Everything in moderation. Try to be positive and go easy on yourself. Your 10 pound loss may not be a huge amount to see a difference (depending on how much you need to lose) but you will love the difference soon. Its worth it. Keep going! Can Congrats on the 10 pounds you have lost already!
  • sundropc14
    sundropc14 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    time and patience and the measuring tape is your best friend.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising? Those thighs aren't going to firm up on their own just because you're cutting calories! In fact, you may be losing muscle tone if you're cutting too many calories.

As far as motivation goes, I can tell you from experience that if you're a pastaholic, cuting it out completely isn't going to be good for you in the long run. Just have it in proper portions and you'll do just fine on your weight loss. Why can't you buy you're own pasta and cook it separately? Portion it out into containers, add a little oil or butter so it stays fluid, keep it in the fridge and pop it in the microwave to warm up when it's dinner time. Easy fix!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If 1300 hundred is pigging out for you, how much are you normally eating a day? Eating such a low amount of calories is probably going to make you miserable, slow weight loss down eventually, and cause you to binge from feeling deprived all the time.
  • bonnierudd
    Options
    DONT GIVE UP!!! Dont tell yourself you are giving up!!! Ten pounds lost is better, much better than 10 pounds gained. Had you not been working on losing, you probably would have gained the 10 pounds. I have to keep telling myself, it took me over a year to put back on the weight so it is not going to come off overnight. To help burn the flab anywhere on your body, yes, you need to stay away from carbs as much as you can and you need to WALK!!!! WALK not run, WALK!!! Start out with just 15-20 minutes a day. Once you do that, your body will want to WALK more and next thing you know, you are able to jog a little and walk an hour. I am 53 years old and I now walk at 4.5 miles a day at 4.0 miles per hour. You must tell yourself, I CAN DO THIS, and you need to reach out to friends that will help you to do this. I have 5 close friends that are doing MFP with me and we hold each other accountable. Get with some friends that will help. I also would suggest you talk to your parents that this is important to you, (if it is) and you know you need to stay away from carbs as much as you can. YOU CAN DO THIS, DONT GIVE UP!!!!
  • dynad
    dynad Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It%2BTakes%2B4%2BWeeks%2Bv2.jpeg

love this so true
  • cdpollreis
    cdpollreis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You are the only person who can make yourself want this. If you want it bad enough, you will work for it.

I needed to hear this myself today. Well said. :)
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Let me ask you this, how long did it take you to put this weight on?

Times that by 2. That is how long you should expect it to take to come off. You need to enjoy this whole process and the fact you are becoming a healthier person! Don't just think about the scale. Think about the pounds of pressure you are removing from your knees, or the years you are adding to your life!

Took me 16 years to put it all on. It will take me 32 years to take it off?!?!?!?!?!? :noway:
  • leaffan12
    leaffan12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey, your post reminded me of my 15 year old daughter. She struggles with her weight and embarrassed that she weighed more than her Mom! We even had her go to a clinic to help her lose weight because she was having problems with stomach pain and was very overweight for her age BUT the clinic did not help, it actually made things worse because she would blame me for not providing her with healthy foods and little did she realize that I was offering them to her but she was unwilling to eat any of it, etc....

Anyway, I'm getting to the point now, she still eats pasta, bread and her favourite - chocolate bars but eats smaller portions. I know longer see her sneak food in her room which was a big problem in the past. She will now eat her fruits and doesn't drink any sugared drinks - basically all she drinks is water. So I completely understand where you are coming from and my daughter still has a lot of weight to lose but I can slowly see her shedding the pounds and it's all from a new lifestyle change and eating her favourite stuff in moderation. She even took the dog out for walks and other exercising.

Last month, she was SO EXCITED because she tried on a bra at Victoria Secret and it fit. In the past she would have to buy her bras at the plus size stores because the regular bra stores did not carry her size.

You may not notice changes right away but next thing you know you will notice a change and you will be SO PROUD of yourself.

So please don't give up because you are worth it! Just think of those 10 lbs as a 10 lb bag of potatoes, 10 lbs of butter, etc.... and don't think it's a good idea to starve yourself because that will slow down your metabolism.

Hang in there.....:smile:
  • hellohappylisa
    hellohappylisa Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You don't need to cut out carbs, I sure don't! Just eat less of them. A serving of noodles is...freaking tiny. Try to load up a bowl with veggies and add some noodles. I always eat the veggies first to get them out of the way hahaha.

Also...
    10-lbs-of-fat.jpg
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    You stop that messing up and get back on track right now! (I'm telling this to myself, too.)