completed my first half marathon

Options

Replies

• CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    That's SO great! Congrats to you! It's good to hear you accomplished your goal. I too, will be running my FIRST half marathon this coming December. I can't wait, but at the same time I can. I'm trying my best to train when I can but adding the miles seems to prove difficult. I know I can do it! Thanks for that extra motivation--hearing about a newbee half marathon runner just as myself can make it through!
  • LoriLoves2Run
    Options
    Congratulations on your first half marathon and I bet the first of many to come!

Los Angeles Marathon is the same way with some 25k people. It's tough to reach a goal finish time with that first mile being an avg 13 minute pace. Fortunately there are 25 more miles to catch up.

It's always nice to see a familiar face along the course. Other runners are super encouraging too.
  • coachmiller55
    Options
    that's awsome! be proud of yourself. they are addictive, i love 'em. i've done four and can't wait until the next one.:smile:
  • hbarney
    hbarney Posts: 434
    Options
    Congrats!!! You did it!!! I completed my first 1/2 marathonn on 10/07/12 and said I would never do another one.....well I am now thinking about what I would change for the next one to beat my time.... :)
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should be really proud :bigsmile: You accomplished something that many dream of, and will be an inspiration to those training to do so!!!!!!!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm now contemplating running a 1/2
  • tatiejustine
    Options
    Well done! What a marvelous achievement. I started running in January and I know how difficult it can be, so I am in awe of people who complete half marathons. You should be proud of yourself. Rock on!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Congratulations. I started running in January too, and ran my first half in September in 2:36 - so very similar to you!
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    That is so inspiring! I would love to become a runner......my aim is to run at least one marathon in my lifetime!

I've tried and failed so many times at running but I've started the couch 2 5k app on my ipod and am determined to stick to it this time! I love hearing stories about people who couldn't run being able to run half marathons and marathons! They keep me going!
  • THuffman1967
    THuffman1967 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! My 12 year old son is trying to get me to run a half marathon next spring. He ran it last spring with my husband, and wants to do it again. My husband wants to run it at his own pace for a change, so they think I should train and run with the boy. We'll see....
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You did great!
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's so awesome! I completed my first 5K over the weekend. I'm hoping to work up to the half marathon by next year. You're an inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm training for my first half in March, and I'd love to believe I could finish as quickly as you! I'm more than double your age, and my goal is to finish within the 3.5 hour limit. Keep on running! :drinker:
  • JVandesteeg
    JVandesteeg Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    WTG!! I run my first half in a few weeks! I'm so nervous, yet excited!!
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I would like to train and complete my first half marathon next June. I just need to get up the courage to sign up! :)
  • julielittlefish
    julielittlefish Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congrats! So...when's your first full? You know you wanna. :smile:
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :drinker:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    congratulations that is an impressive feat to achieve with in a year :)
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Thanks for sharing. Makes me wonder .....again....if I should attempt one!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    WOOOOO! Thanks for the inspiration! I hope to be able to do a post like this someday soon! :drinker: :flowerforyou: And thanks for the reminder that I should make sure there is a Beer Tent at any future races I go to ! :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!