sugar free recipes

Options
shamm08
shamm08 Posts: 109
I'm looking for sugar free recipes that don't call for artificial sweeteners anyone know of any. I found a lot of sugar free recipes but they all call for artificial sweeteners and I don't want my kids eating that stuff. thanks

Replies

• melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I hate posts left hanging :flowerforyou: .......I can't help you, but I have been introduced to Truvia, I heard good things about it and Target already has a generic that is so much cheaper!
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I hate posts left hanging :flowerforyou: .......I can't help you, but I have been introduced to Truvia, I heard good things about it and Target already has a generic that is so much cheaper!
  • shamm08
    shamm08 Posts: 109
    Options
    thank you!
  • RoyB
    RoyB Posts: 3
    Options
    do a normal cookie just add truvia or just leave out the suger.:glasses:
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    It takes some tinkering and guess work and sometimes some misereable failures, but a lot of recipes can be altered to use natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup or sugar, or applesause.
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Play around with your favorite basic recipe. First reduce the sugar in original recipe, then try as others have suggested using honey, agave nectar, raw sugar, etc. Most recipes call for a lot more sugar than is needed. Agave nectar is (I believe) 20 times sweeter than sugar, so a lot less is needed and wouldn't upset the dry to wet ingredient balance as much as some other substitutions.

Happy baking!