(Tiny) C25K NSV

Hey everyone! This is definitely minor to a lot of people, but I just completed the first day of the C25K program!!! As someone that has always wanted to be a runner, but has always been the least athletic person, this is HUGE for me. Even better, the Jingle Bell Run 5k in my town is scheduled for the day after I finish the program! I've said every year that I wanted to run that and this year I should be able to! Totally didn't plan it that way either so it must be meant to be. ;) Just had to share!

Replies

• Congratulations! That is something to be proud of and is a huge accomplishment ! Good luck in that Jingle Bell run !
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    I remember my first day! It was tough. I did my 5K today and just finished C25K this week. Keep it up, it gets easier as long as you stick with it, and it is absolutely worth it!
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Yay! I remember finishing W1D1 of C25K and feeling accomplished. We did D5D3 last week and it was the first time I've ever run 20 minutes non-stop. I was on top of the world! :)

Glad you're doing the program! You're going to be AMAZED at how your endurance changes. :)
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    well done! I did day 1 of week 3 yesterday, and honestly felt like crying afterward when I realised I had run for 3 minutes straight - sounds pathetic, I know, but I was so surprised that I could do it. I put a little post-it note on my treadmill display over the time display, with the words "KEEP GOING!" on it.

Soon we'll be running 20 minutes non stop and thinking it's totally easy! :)
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Awesome! It's so great that you've started. I'm a C25K convert, got W9D1 tomorrow and my first 5k race in 3 weeks' time, and I'm SO impressed by what that programme has done for me. Awesome that you've already got a race lined up!
  • That's great! You are on your way! I'm on week 7, and love it, though I have never ran in my life before C25K. I'm carrying 60 extra pounds, and it's still been great! Get ready for all of your friends to notice a change. After a few weeks of C25K, your friends will start asking, "What are you doing? You look great. " :)
  • frefrebelle
    frefrebelle Posts: 30 Member
    That's not a small thing, it's a very brave thing! to actually put yourself in a situation you know is going to be a struggle and going for it anyway.

I have never been able to run, or do much at all, but I did week 5 day 2 this morning - I am no where near fit yet and certainly not a runner, but every session it gets easier, even if the runs get harder.

I might even be brave enough to join my husband on a charity 5k afterwards once I have completed the programme :)

Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • nominal
    nominal Posts: 6 Member
    I'm starting this tomorrow! EEEK!
    Well done!
  • EmilyGetsSkinny95
    EmilyGetsSkinny95 Posts: 54 Member
    Way to go - you can do this! It is such a cool program. I just finished week 3 day 3 and I love it. Running is starting to be fun - not just a chore.
  • C25K is a great program. Great start - keep going. You can do this...and there may be a week that you want to repeat, but don't beat yourself up over that. Congratulations and welcome to running world!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Great NSV!! You can totally do it! Just stick with it a day at a time and you'll do great!
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    That is NOT a tiny NSV!! That is HUGE! C25K is amazing and will change your life. Have fun and good luck on your Jingle Bell run!
  • starlite_79
    starlite_79 Posts: 88 Member
    NOT a tiny NSV at all! congrats on taking the first steps and getting started with c25k. it's a great program. i just completed it in early september, and have participated in two 5k's since then. i had to repeat some days/weeks, but i stuck with it and finished. consistency absolutely pays off!
  • Congrats!! Awesome job!!

Did W5D1 today. Almost threw up, twice. lol. But I finished it!! It was rough today, but I am so proud that I made it! I have NEVER ran before this program. I actually used to tell people that if they ever saw me running, don't ask questions just start running. Cause something bad is coming. lol.

I should finish C25K the week of my 29th birthday, then my first 5K is the week after!! Can't wait!!
  • I'm so happy to see this post! I'm doing W1W1 of C25K tonight and am feeling really excited to see your post as well as the comments that followed. I hope we are both doing Jingle Bell Runs 8/9 weeks from now!
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    I just finished Week5 Day 1 and I thought I was going to die. Did you feel like after the 5 minute run that you were done? LOL I barely could finish and I feel like I am getting slower. Its hard. But I am going to keep at it.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    That is a huge NSV! I did day 1 and barely made it half way through. i told myself I'd give it a week before I tried again and it's been over a month. I did move and get a full time position and what not though. congrats!
  • leah07598
    leah07598 Posts: 6 Member
    Way to go! I just finished the program this past weekend and I can say it is well worth it. Keep up the good work.
  • cyndispot
    cyndispot Posts: 135
    TINY!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? First steps are never tiny. This is huge. Congrats on starting, congrats on finishing and congrats on keeping it going!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    it's not minor at all..it's your first day in a journey of self discovery and incredible achievements yet to come.

congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!