Suggestions on diet and exercise plans

Options
Hello everyone, I waned to know what other exercises I could do to help lose weight in my stomach. That's the hardest place I have trouble losing weight at.

Replies

• jessepants
    jessepants Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    you can't target fat loss to any one area but cardio is a great start
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Standard answer is you can't "spot reduce".
    Your body chooses where and when to use up fat - and often around the gut is last place.

Any specific exercises like crunches etc you do will likely make your stomach bigger - as you'll be putting muscle on under the fat.
    However, it will look better when the fat does go :).

However, doing general strength training will help you burn more calories and thus loose weight.
    As will general cardio.
  • mandyt0721
    Options
    I am new as well..and in very much need of support. Feel free to add me
  • kfortson1
    Options
    Thanks
  • couponaddic
    Options
    Cardio is what my trainer has us do for general weight loss but it really works in the stomach area.
  • Knclma
    Knclma Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up on crunches making my stomach bigger. Good ol' common sense goes a long way! This helps me.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Cardio & resistance training ..... both are great for weight loss & firming everything up.

For me ....crunches, planks, bicycles (pilates) ... helped make my waistline "appear" smaller. Focusing on your core, will also work your lower back (which in turn supports your stomach) and will improve your posture & help hold everything in.