Monsters in your room......

Options
Charlie003
Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
How many of you were afraid that there was a monster in your closet or under your bed? Would you make sure the closet door was closed or keep hands and feet on the bed at all times? Do you still do this?

Replies

• HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a closet when I was a kid, but I knew all along it was you hiding under my bed. Why do you think I always left cookies and milk down there?
  • RockinSkiBunny
    RockinSkiBunny Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I AM the monster in the closet. Probably eating the pie I hid there.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Are you trying for some random post record...or are you really THAT bored lately?
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I made it up to 11 years old without thinking twice about monsters until my mom said one night "let me close your closet door so you wont see the short man that I saw as a child when I was sleeping." It was then when the prospect of things going bump in the night followed my dreams into nightmares.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I made it up to 11 years old without thinking twice about monsters until my mom said one night "let me close your closet door so you wont see the short man that I saw as a child when I was sleeping." It was then when the prospect of things going bump in the night followed my dreams into nightmares.

wow dude, your mom sucks
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

wow dude, your mom sucks

she trolled me hard :/
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    My mom told me that spiders will crawl in my ears and lay eggs in my brain.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    It wasn't until the night I watched the Exorcist when I was 8 or 9 (yah... thanks dad! @sshole), that stuff in my room started creeping me out. It also explains my fascination with pea soup!
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time I had pajamas that were rather high in static and would always spark. My dad told me they were bees trying to escape, so I always freaked out when I saw those sparks. There's a reason I sleep naked now.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I knew that if I got up to go to the loo, I just HAD to get back to my room before the light went completely out in the bathroom

I still run
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    In the attic and coming down the hall.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I felt safest UNDER my bed growing up. There WAS a monster in my room. He used to stand beside my bed. One night I woke up and he was there, petting my hair, whispering my name. I've never felt anything so cold in my life (I can remember the touch of his hand so vividly). ): Freaked me out big time. But things got worse when he started calling me in for supper when I'd be playing in the yard (there were no males in the family but a male voice would call my name until I would come into the house every night around supper time). Before that point I could pretend I was just having weird dreams but when you're wide awake and start hearing the 'night voice' calling you into the house? That's when **** gets weird.

After I moved out of that house I found out the family who lived there before were brutally murdered. Apparently it was occupied by a man, woman and child (a little girl my age). I formulated the theory that his spirit haunts the house and he took a liking to me because I reminded him of his daughter (he always called MY name, not hers. And weirdly enough he called my PROPER name, not the name everyone called me - nobody used my proper name. Ever. Except him).

This is the stuff movies are made from but I lived it and it's probably why I'm so messed up. :P

Edited to Add: I wasn't allowed to watch scary movies as a kid. I wasn't even allowed to watch Disney cartoons! I grew up on Coronation Street and Hockey. :P
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Gremlins!! I was terrified of Gremlins and would leap from my bedroom door to my bed b/c I just knew they were under my bed. LOL
  • nursedb
    nursedb Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    No wonder we all have issues...look at the fine parenting example our parents displayed!
    My mom let me watch the exorcist too...I saw that disgusting face for years in my bedroom!

We lived across the street from the cemetery. When I was 4 my mom said it was time to give up my security blanket right before going to bed one night. I cried and cried. She brought it outside and crossed the street and put it on the fence. Said I cd have it back but I'd have to go get it...*****
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I did as a child...and still do as an adult. Curses to all the scary movies I saw when I was younger. They have scarred me for life. Grrr!!
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    they weren't in the closet or under the bed...lord knows where they were, all I know was I had to have a duvet over me at all times, I couldn't stick my leg out until it was light outside, and to this day I can not sleep without some sort of cover or duvet (it also needs to be thick enough), no matter how hot or sweaty it gets !! phahaa
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I was always afraid there was a monster under my bed and in my closet as a kid. I stopped being afraid of the closet when I realized there was too much crap in there for a monster to also fit. ...I still won't stand next to my bed in the dark, in case something wants to pull me under.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I wasn't afraid of monsters under my bed or even in my room. What scared me was a closed shower curtain in the bathroom. People, DO NOT let your children watch "The Shining"!
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I never worried about monsters in the closet until someone in my house thought it would be funny to put a Furbie in there and let it scare the &^%& out of me. I still think those things are creepy, and now they are back in stores! I REALLY hope neither of my children asks for one.
  • theblitz
    Options
    i was more afraid of ghosts than monsters. idk.