Diets!!

Options
My school is starting a sort of Biggest Loser for the remainder of the year.... I am looking to lose around 10 pounds. I know some of my fellow teachers are doing Weight Watchers, but its just not the lifestyle I want! Any ideas on a diet plan that I can build and work around? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Eat The RDA, eat a moderate deficit, and exercise regularly at a moderate to high level, that's the best way to do it.
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You can try a low carb-low sugar diet. I wanted to lose about 20-30 pounds and I tried phase 1 of the southbeach diet and I lost about 10 pounds on JUST phase one which is 2 weeks. I guess I really did eat a lot of sugar and carbs :sick: I'm sticking with it and what's funny is I barely miss the sugar and the carbs and when I do eat them, I'm not over indulging. Good luck to you!
  • burner
    burner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Eat The RDA, eat a moderate deficit, and exercise regularly at a moderate to high level, that's the best way to do it.

can't argue with above statement - would avoid diets tho! I think you're better off making a lifestyle change and maintaining it for life. Research into your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) Aim for this amount of calorific intake - this way you will not gain any weight if you did no exercise whatsoever.

then exercise to make a colory deficit. Eat small meals often.

do a mix of cardio and weight lifting exercises - to encourage toning and building of muscle and burning of fat.

More muscle = higher metabolism

good luck - eat well, exercise - don't diet - balance is the answer.
  • Moneygrow3
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice! I think I am pretty much on the right track! =) Stay tuned!