Monsters in your room......

Options

Replies

• MissHellsing
    MissHellsing Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding... I'm almost 50 and I refuse to go to bed if the closet door is open. Feet off the edge of the bed... I don't like it but it doesn't bother me like the closet door does.

I read a horror books so I can let myself get freaked out easily. One of my favorite places to walk my short furries is a huge local cemetary. We tend to run across the lawn - the graves - chasing squirrels and being "jungle puppies". Sometimes I start freaking myself out thinking about a hand coming out of a grave, snatching one the dogs or grabbing my ankle.

Last night I dreamed about zombies because i watched The Wallking Dead right before bed, lol.

Cosign the closet thing and the door to my room HAS to be locked or Im uneased
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm just plain scared of the dark, and i have to be covered when i sleep, thinking a knife can't cut thru the sheets....makes me feel safe anyways...always slept with a light on until i got married. But still very scared of the dark...
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time with Poltergeist growing up. It was that clown under the bed scene. I didn't look under my bed for years.

Also in Psycho with the shower scene. I must have been around 13 when I watched that movie and needless to say, had baths for years and never had a shower until I was about 18!

Admittedly I also didn't swim in my pool alone. You can never tell who would dump a bucket of pirahanas or a great white shark in the other end. However, I was fine in a pool when I could see the other end while under the water.

Thankfully I got over all of those!! I grew up in an old house that was built in 1830. When my Dad was out of town, my Mum dragged out the scary movies. It was terrifying!

I am totally scared to swim in a pool alone for fear of a shark or something magically appearing and eating me!!!
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    We have teddy bears in our room so I know it's safe once I get back in there
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Never feared monsters in the bedroom. It was the ones in the schoolrooms that bothered me most.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Not until I saw Poltergeist...STUPID effing CLOWNS!
  • Invictus195
    Options
    I am the monter under your bed :D
  • tellascott
    Options
    LOL I still make sure the closets are closed tight and I'm 41. Mind you, the fact my house is haunted doesn't help any. between my bed shaking at night, and footsteps up and down my hallway, the closet is the least of my problems.
  • tellascott
    Options
    Not until I saw Poltergeist...STUPID effing CLOWNS!
    OMG ROFL
  • tellascott
    Options
    I'm just plain scared of the dark, and i have to be covered when i sleep, thinking a knife can't cut thru the sheets....makes me feel safe anyways...always slept with a light on until i got married. But still very scared of the dark...
    Isn't funny how much safer being under those blankies makes one feel? The ghosts and monsters can't hurt me if i'm under here, can't seeeee meeeee.....
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    omg, that was me! ahahaha, I used to get a running start in the hallway and jump up onto my bed, lol.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Now I DO jump into my car at night, fearing someone is going to cut my Achilles tendon.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Still scared and my love for horror movies doesn't help.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    After watching the "Earnest" movie with the trolls, I was scared to death of a troll being under my bed or sleeping beside me. I swear I could hear it breathing!!!!!
  • MySunshine76
    Options
    I was never scared of the dark and I knew monsters weren't real. We used to watch horror flicks all the time as kids, I still love them. As a teenager we used to go walking through the cemetaries at night, simply because it was a nice quiet place to go. I'm still not scared of any of things, what does scare me, is people. People that want to break into your homes and rob you, and if you happen to be awake, they might want to kill you. Then you have the stupid ones that go and shoot up theaters and schools. So to help with my fear, I keep a rifle in my kitchen and a pistol by bed. I'm not that scared anymore. :)
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I cannot sleep with my foot hanging off the bed.

Oh and one time my daugher (who was probably 3 or 4 at the time) told me there were monsters in the room. I told her to yell at them that its time for them to go to sleep. Never had another problem.
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    For the longest time I was afraid of Tremors. Nothing was safe. I try not to look in mirrors in the dark because that just creeps me out. I have to sleep with covers, even if it's 100 degrees. And even though my closet isn't an issue anymore, I do make sure my daughters' closet doors are closed, although I don't tell them why.
  • navywife5810
    navywife5810 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Gremlins!! I was terrified of Gremlins and would leap from my bedroom door to my bed b/c I just knew they were under my bed. LOL

This! I'm actually still kind of freaked by beds with open areas underneath...i got a solid platform bed frame just to avoid the possibility of gremlins. seems silly, but those little things freak me out!
  • navywife5810
    navywife5810 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I never worried about monsters in the closet until someone in my house thought it would be funny to put a Furbie in there and let it scare the &^%& out of me. I still think those things are creepy, and now they are back in stores! I REALLY hope neither of my children asks for one.

All furbies should be drowned in the arctic or killed with fire. Only the elements can destroy those little demons.

i agree. they are demons!

i had like 10 furbies when i was a kid & they were perfect until one night they all started talking at the same time...

they sat on the window sill across from my bed & none of them had batteries in. if i ever hear another furby talk, i will shoot it. i never got talking toys again after that.
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Door had to be open. That way nothing could hide in it, duh! :p No hands or feet hanging off the bed either, and if I had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I practically sprinted back to my bed for fear of a hand grabbing my ankle. Even now there's a twinge of fear coming back into bed late at night. And I never sleep with a limb hanging off the bed.