Splitting workout up

Options
Does it matter if you split your workout throughout the day (30 min morning, 30 min evening) or is it better to workout all at once.

Replies

• vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    It's whatever works for yuo, a work out is a workout, as long as you keep up the intensity :smile:
  • dmarin77
    Options
    My understanding is that it should be almost exactly the same calorie burn either way you do it...some experts even would prefer the splitting of the work out, as it gives you two metabolism boosts to your day. I think if you know you can do it that way and it seems do-able...do it!
  • rosecapmom
    Options
    According to all the newest research, it doesn't matter it you split up your exercise. Some experts even think it is better that way. You have a tendency to stick with it more easily because you don't feel overwhelmed. And your body benefits throughout the day, not just once. Keep at it!
  • gym_rat
    Options
    I run or hit the gym in the mornings and then do Insanity in the afternoons. It seems to be working well.
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My physical therapist recommend splitting up the exercise. If you are trying to strengthen an injured area, this will make it so that way you aren't pushing it too far and thereby injuring it more.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I try to get some aerobic exercise in first thing in the AM (usually the elliptical machine) and then I walk at lunch (fast pace - sweat) the only issue I've noticed is increased appetite throughout the day. I combat that with strategically placed snacks of apples and carrots and if really hungry a spoon full of peanut butter and/or a hard boiled egg.

I do crunches while I'm stretching out after the elliptical.

I'm not currently doing any weight work but I do climb the stairs at work several times a day...