Your best "Duct Tape" story!

Options
_JR_
_JR_ Posts: 830 Member
Post your best story involving duct tape (probably should omit stories of bondage though. :wink:)

Mine - Planned a ski trip from Minot, ND to Lead, SD in my buddies 4-door beater car. My buddy's car didn't have an official "ski rack" on it, just a cheapo roof rack that he bought at the last minute.

The night before the trip, we had to find a way to secure several sets of skis to the cheap cross-bars. You guess it.... duct tape to the rescue. Unfortunately, it was around -50deg at the time, and duct tape doesn't stick to cold metal. So we had to park his car inside the heated, indoor carwash bay for the metal to warm up enough to stick to.

We weren't so fortunate on the return trip, trying to secure the skis atop the roof in a frozen parking lot without the aid of warm air. :laugh:

Replies

• Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Years ago I got rear ended and my trunk wouldnt close so I used 100mph duct tape to keep it shut, anything less wouldnt hold.
    Worked til I could get it fixed.. :laugh:
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Umm, not sure if this counts, but played Edward Fortyhands the other night. A lot of duct tape was involved. :drinker:
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I once duct taped the top of my panty hose to my thigh. :sick:
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    It's not that great a story but the photo is hilarious. I once made a duct tape bikini!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/SweptIntoShadows/photo2.jpg
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I made a duct tape hammock with my friends some time ago.

I'm thinking about getting into the business of duct tape clothing since that seems to be a big thing with teens and prom. Making some prototype boxers and thongs made of duct tape.

Gonna pair it with some baby oil and band aids as well.
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I once duct taped my son's mouth closed. Ok, before you turn me in, he bet me he could get it off without using his hands. He was probably 12. Little **** did too! lol
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Duct taped a 6 foot long piece of PVC pipe to a co workers hairy leg once. Fricken hilarious.

Wait, does this consitutes harassment in the workplace? :wink:
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Years ago when I was skinny and hot I wore jeans to work...without panties...and as I plopped down in my seat a cute little tiny hole at the back pocket turned into a giant rip. I work in a very stuffy office with investment bankers. I had to call over one of my analysts and ask him to find me some duct tape. Thankfully there were some guys working on building some offices on our floor and he got me the tape - telling them exactly why he needed it, of course. He then guarded my boss' office door (he was not in) so I could go in and duct tape my rip closed from the inside of my jeans. He's still a little scarred from that experience. LOL.
  • _JR_
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • _JR_
    Options
    I once duct taped my son's mouth closed. Ok, before you turn me in, he bet me he could get it off without using his hands. He was probably 12. Little **** did too! lol

Would love to see that!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    On a submarine under construction. A worker "fixed" a pinhole leak in a 4500 psi air header with EB Green tape (sort of super duct tape).

Fortunately, it was found before the header was pressurized.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Part of my sword is made of duct tape...
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options

and the winner issss???? yep. you
  • dawn2313
    dawn2313 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I was my friend for halloween one year, (a guy, we wanted to have cheap costumes lol) so I had to duct tape my boobs down to try and hide em. That was uncomfortable. (Wasn't bare skin though, thank god)
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I duct taped my sister to the couch while she was sleeping. I was 15 and she was 13 at the time.
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    at a wedding i was in, i couldn't find a bra that worked with my dress. so i put a piece of duct tape under each boob for support. worked like a charm, even when i was sweating. taking it off was not fun.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Me and my friends duck taped one of our friends . We tied her hands together, and put tape on her mouth. It was a joke; and we took it off her after snapping a picture.
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I learned a few years ago when I was up for a run on the Appalachain Trail that you can use duct tape on your feet to prevent blisters. I've run a lot of races since then with it on! The kind with threads in it works best for me.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    at a wedding i was in, i couldn't find a bra that worked with my dress. so i put a piece of duct tape under each boob for support. worked like a charm, even when i was sweating. taking it off was not fun.

taking it off after....OUCH!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    duct tape the boobs when there was no room for strapless but still needed support