i know why to LOVE peanut butter !!!!

Options
i know why you crave peanut butter.if you are dipping and dipping into the peanut butter jars (if you like natural and regular) you are most likely laking copper...just found this out..i am sooo happy i found this out. to get copper eat carrots and beets.
if you just like the regular peanut butter and not the natural...you probably like it bc of the sugar.:smile:

Replies

• burner
    burner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    if you crave peanut butter...you probably just like peanut butter haha

don't know about the lacking copper thing - if this was true you would be craving carrots and beets too??

:laugh:
  • hollandlop
    Options
    if you crave peanut butter...you probably just like peanut butter haha

don't know about the lacking copper thing - if this was true you would be craving carrots and beets too??

:laugh:
    no this is just a way to get copper..(carrots and beets) peanut butter has alot of copper in it that is why your body in craving it.....your body is looking for all the copper it can get!
  • PoisonSugar
    Options
    I don't know what website you received your info from but peanut butter contains very little amounts of copper. Some less than 0.10%. Natural peanuts contain higher amounts. It is, on the other hand, an excellent source of protein, vitamin B3 & E, magnesium, and antioxidants. It sustains your blood sugar levels (making you not as hungry later) and aids in building muscle.

fyi: You can also use it to remove gum from unwanted places, bait in a mousetrap or an adherant for birdseed on a bird feeder. :)
  • hollandlop
    Options
    I don't know what website you received your info from but peanut butter contains very little amounts of copper. Some less than 0.10%. Natural peanuts contain higher amounts. It is, on the other hand, an excellent source of protein, vitamin B3 & E, magnesium, and antioxidants. It sustains your blood sugar levels (making you not as hungry later) and aids in building muscle.

fyi: You can also use it to remove gum from unwanted places, bait in a mousetrap or an adherant for birdseed on a bird feeder. :)
    i heard i from a book...that talks about building muscle.
  • Vallandingham
    Options
    Copper
    MDR
    Copper has the Minimum Daily Requirement per pound of body weight for a
    Maintenance Dosage of 0.3 mg and a Growth Dosage of 0.07 mg.
    Purpose
    Copper is needed for the formation of hemoglobin (red blood cells), iron metabolism, skin
    pigmentation, connective tissue formation, and myelin formation.
    Signs of Deficiency
    The lack of Copper can cause:
    Loss of hair pigmentation in puppies and anemia.
    Signs of Excess
    Too much Copper can lead to:
    Nothing reported but….. In Bedlington Terriers they can store excessive amounts
    leading to toxic amounts in the liver causing hepatitis and cirrhosis of the liver. This is a
    genetic problem found in that breed.(Note: Deficiency signs of calcium, phosphorus,
    magnesium, manganese, or copper, when manifest as a skeletal disease, may be
    indistinguishable.)

There is .19 mg of copper in 1 tbsp of peanut butter
  • Matthew1114
    Options
    Personally I never "crave" PB, but do enjoy it because it is filling and tastes good with a little jam or honey.Also, its full of monounsaturated fats, which are good.

WARNING: Regular PB (like Jiff) contains partially hydrogenated oils (aka trans fat).I recommend the natural stuff.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i have heard that as well about peanut butter. there are things we crave that sometimes make no sense. for example, crunching ice means we are low in iron, craving pickles may mean we are low in potassium, etc.
    dawn