Missed periods?

Options

Replies

• KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I have been dealing with irregular periods for years now. About a year ago I had one that was 47 days long. I got put on tests and low hormone control and it worked for a while. Then I switched health plans. This one I currently have is from the middle of August. I can go a couple months without periods too. i do find working out and eating better make it a little more regular, but I'm seeing a doctor tomorrow about this because I'm tired this craziness.
  • ohnoetry
    ohnoetry Posts: 129
    Options
    Definitely talk to your doctor about it, I had the opposite happen to me. I've always had irregular periods, but when I started working out regularly and losing weight, it's like clockwork. Always between the 3rd and 5th of every month.
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Happened to me this past month. Totally weird. I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor as soon as I can, but likely won't be for another month, so I'm hoping to get it this month. I'd make an appointment with your doctor!
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Ive never missed a period

Oops...My bad I just did.

Yeah, I thought this thread was going to be about grammar.
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy is the number 1 cause for missed periods.

Mind = blown .:noway:
  • Chel_c87
    Options
    Change in diet and excercise can change AF's visit.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    What tends to occasionally/rarely happen with me like right now is I'll miss a month and then get it a full week early...Like this month, but they tend to be shorter. Got mine Thursday and was done with it yesterday
  • Summerful
    Summerful Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Exercising can also make period timing a bit off. Besides from your diet it could also just be the type of body you have. Talk to your doctor if it really bothers you :)
  • Crisitunity
    Crisitunity Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Missed mine too, and that's never happened to me before. Not a positive test either, and my physical is already scheduled for a couple weeks from now. No advice to give, but you're not alone.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    nope... im regular and precise as a clock!

You should ask you doctor, I always believed that the healthier and fitter you are the more regular you became. Probably an hormonal change?
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My period was very late a couple of times lately... then in the last 8 weeks, I got three periods. :explode:

I've always been a tad irregular, but not THIS bad! If this keeps up, I might have to see a doctor about it.
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    Since I started working out I have been spotting lately...Its irregular for me, never happened before. I suppose its because of losing weight...I'll wait another week before consultine a doctor.
  • alane15
    alane15 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It's a good idea to talk to your doctor of course.

I am extremely sensitive to changes in diet and activity. My period changes a lot when I change things up. I consider myself to be very healthy in general and they have always re-regulated. Also when I stopped using birth control, that really changed my cycle.

I have called my doctors office and discussed it over the phone with them before having to go in which might be an option for you as well.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    OK, first of all if you were/are very over weight missed periods will happen, BUT when You Starrt Losing Wt. they will get Regular. If you are missing periods when you are "Normal" Wt, SEE YOU DOCTOR! ALSO, Women Do NOT Understand MENOPAUSE! It can happen between 35-55 yrs.old...It IS When YOU have IRREGULAR PERIODS, That is the "PAUSE", SO YOU MAY be going thru Menopause, NOW! IRREGULAR Periods for Years with NOTHING wrong IS MENOPAUSE!!!!

I had to Learn this because doctors could NOT explain it and MOTHERS could NOT/Would Not explain, AND Mainly DID NOT KNOW! IF you are having IRREGULAR Periods and 35yrs+ YOU may be in Menopause...see if your Doctor can do tests to let you know. REMEMBER: Menopause is when you have IRREGULAR Periods ( Menses Pause, THEN Start....this will continue until about 50 or so yrs old, then STOP. When Your Period STOPS, THAT is POST Menopause.

POST Menopause is when Your PERIOD STOPS for ONE STRAIGHT YEAR. NO ONE tells Women The RIGHT STUFF...
  • Nerdphiliac
    Nerdphiliac Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I was anorexic/on the brink of anorexia once and my periods stopped for quite a few months (at least half a year).
    Have you checked your BMI? You may be underweight...
  • stepheatscake
    stepheatscake Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My period is very irregular especially when I lose weight. be careful that you aren't restricting yourself because your body won't want to give up nutrients when there is nothing coming in via food. If you do not have enough body fat you will not have regular periods, sometimes you can eve cause your periods to stop all together. This is called amenorrhea. Typically a weight gain will help you have your periods return. This is a frequent cause of a missed period in women who work out to an extreme or are professional athletes.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Mine have been irregular for years, thanks to the DepoProvera shot. That's also how I didn't know I was pregnant with my last 2 until the Second Trimester. It's also why I can't stand hormonal birth controls anymore.

When I lost my weight 2 years ago, I didn't notice because that's when my periods were still messed up. I hadn't had one in 2 years at that point. So the only help I am is if you are on birth control, it might be a side effect. If not, depending on your age and body comp, it could be lots of other things, not all of them necessarily bad.
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    It happened to me half way through my weightloss, right before I hit a long plataeu.

I was 2 months late, then I plataeuted, started binging and eating a lot of food etc,

then I got my period back but it was irregular and unpredictable..

then when I started losing weight again in a healthy way my period went back to normal and is now pretty much very predictable and regular.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    When I started working out much more intensely than I was, my period stopped. Only for about 4 months but it did settle down. I always had heavy periods for a least half a month so it was quite nice having a break :smile:
  • JesGilb
    JesGilb Posts: 30
    Options
    I was just searching for this subject. I was actively doing MFP 5 months ago (lost 18lbs) when my period abruptly stopped. I thought I was pregnant bc that was a big reason to lose wt. Of course I wasn't so I waited and 3 months later I finally went to the dr. He started me on provera to induce a period, and it worked but now this month I've missed again.. I've slowed down my workouts. I even stopped cal counting and workout for 2 months to see if it was all that.. I have no idea whats going up, and its screwed up our pregnancy chances. Sometimes I wished I hadn't started working out b/c I think it threw my body off track completely. Ironic.

I'm going back to the dr at the end of the month and we will talk about fertility meds, but it just frustrates me that my bodies not working riggghhtt!