Need Help, Thanks

Options
New about 2 weeks now and haven't lost anything. I'm insulin resistant, and have been watching my calorie, etc. intake on my
food list daily. Not much for exercising, but I do like to walk. Calories, 1,200 daily, eating small meals about 5-6 times a day.
Anyone have any ideas. Many thanks and congratulations to all on their successes!

Replies

• daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Insulin resistant here too. I have found that I do need to eat a bit more than 1200 calories or else i really don't lose. I also have to be very conscious of what I am taking in within those calories. Certain foods spike my sugars and thus more insulin than I need in my blood stream inhibiting the weight loss.
  • rtgrace
    rtgrace Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding daisiemae123. I will pay more attention to the sugars. I was taking Metphormin ER, but then was told
    that taking it too long could damage my liver. Stopped taking and will see the doctor in Nov. Good luck to you.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    It is kind of a catch-22 with the Metphormin. It can help in the short term with the weight loss and then when the weight is gone the insulin resistance problems subside and you don't need the med anymore. I am back to losing weight after my little guy but previously had lost 50+ lbs. Wasn't on any meds at the time just controlling with diet. I found (and my dr. found) that after the first 20lbs the symptoms of my insulin resistance were nonexistent. This time he wanted me medicated for just a short time. Down 25 lbs total and off it. Just a thought about trying the med for just a bit. Good luck. Send me a friend request if you would like. We can take this weight off together.