Bathroom scale???

Options
Ruger2506
Ruger2506 Posts: 309 Member
Question for you guys. We seem to be struggling to find a quality bathroom scale. They all seem to be junk.

Anybody have a decent scale suggestion that won't break the bank?

Replies

• isabellecmiranda
    isabellecmiranda Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    ebay.com has great digital scales brand new... I would look at what I need in a scale and narrow my search that way.
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    To be quite honest, I spent 25 30 ish dollars on the one in my bathroom but you know what? Having a fancy super calibrated scale wasn't something I was looking for and here's why:

I prefer to see my success in the inches lost on my body. Because I am weight training, along with eating at a deficit, the # on the scale is going to go up and down and be kind of fluid and unreliable. So in my case, being in and around 5 pounds of a particular goal is just fine with me because I know I will keep seeing inch loss as I lose fat and maintain some muscle. Eventually, I will eat at maintenance or even a surplus to gain some muscle and then the scale becomes even more useless to me.

Hope that gives you something to ponder. :)
    Hope work has been going well!!!!! I'm currently working on a case study on an 84 yr old woman post non-ST elevation MI and 95% occluded LAD pre stent placement. She even went into VF with torsades and coded after placement. She went from an EF of 15% to 50% in a month! Without an internal defibrillator. One tough lady!
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have a low-tech scale, which I actually picked up at Goodwill. It just didn't seem like something I wanted to spend too much money on.

It doesn't do anything fancy, but helps me track my weight. And, since I am really only looking for trends (downward is the goal!), that works for me.