NSV: My closet is empty

Options
I cleaned out my closet yesterday and gave away three bags full of clothes that are too big for me. Sizes 16, 14, 12 and 10 are all gone!! Now I need to go shopping!! I just don't want to spend a bunch of money on clothes that (hopefully) will be too big again in three more months.

Replies

• HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That had to feel good. :)
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Yay! That sounds wonderful! Now go get yourself so nice looking clothes and enjoy how fabulous you look and feel in them! :)
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That is the best feeling ever to have to go out and buy new clothes, I loved it when I hit that point, size 16 down to a size 8! I love your phrase on your page my baby is 12 LMAO!! Keep up the good work.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    LOL! I just did some closet cleaning of my own this morning!

I love being smaller but it would be so nice if my clothes shrank with me. My work wardrobe has been decimated. I have been shopping along the way but not fast enough to replace all that I am growing out and some of the new stuff is getting loose now too and I am only half way to goal.

What a wonderful problem. I'll take the expense of replacing my wardrobe any day!
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I bagged up a closet full of clothes on Saturday to be gotten rid of. Clothes that are now too big, too old and stuff I know I will never wear. Keeping me in clothes that I can wear to work is becoming a challenge. It's a challenge I'm more than willing to take on. LOL!
  • beth230blue
    beth230blue Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I cleaned out mine and got rid of 1X, 0X and 16W/18 clothes. Separated really nice stuff from ho-hum stuff. I gave ho-hum to local thrift store and gave nice stuff to my hairdresser and her friends. They were thrilled!! They actually split it all up while I had my colour on my hair!

Felt so good for my favs to go to people who will love and wear them.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the clean out! I too am in the same boat. In my case, I have three drawers packed with dress pants, jeans, and t-shirts. I've got maybe three outfits that fit close to correctly. Oh well, one of the only negative side effects of weight loss.
  • drakechic08
    drakechic08 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thats great. Go to a thrift store and buy some clothes to fit in the mean time. Then you won't be spending a whole lot of money. I gome really cute pants at Goodwill this weekend in a smaller size, because my other pants are getting too big. I only spent like $6 for three pairs of pants.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. That is awesome.

I need to go clothes shopping, and get rid of some of my clothes, as well... but, I keep pinning mine, because I can't afford to buy new ones yet. I'm going to have to cave in, though, and finally go on and get some new ones.
  • Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Woo!Hoo! That is great! Keep up the good work and congratulations on your transformed body!!
  • OCMomof2
    OCMomof2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, lol. I went from a size 18 to a size 4 / 6 and I'm still in shock! I filled 6 trash bags with clothes and got them out of the house. This is the first time that I don't have different sections of sizes in my closet. I'm moving forward and never looking back.

I've only been buying 3-4 pairs of pants at a time because before I knew it they were too big!

Congrats!!!

Stacie
  • BeckySBowen
    BeckySBowen Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling! I can't wait for that day.
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!! I work at Old Navy, the store I work at has TONS of clearance, a lot under 2.98. I saw some shorts yesterday for 1.47.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Do a fun weekend day of checking out Thrift stores!

You will be surprised how many good things will be there in your NEW size. Even things with the tags on still (speaking from experience, we are the same size and I've found clothing items from brands like LOFT, GAP, and JCrew with the tags still on). One trip to the cleaners or through the washing machine and you can have some great new clothes for less.

Also, check out the fall sales (both in stores and online) and use a coupon if you can! Avoid stores where things are *always* on sale like Kohls because the quality is pretty bad these days!
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Congratulations. It's time likes these that thrift stores come in handy.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I just got rid of a bunch too! Feels so good! Thankfully I'm going birthday shopping at the outlet malls with my mom in a week, so I can stock up on tight clothes that will hopefully last me a few months before I shrink out of them. I've only been buying 2 pairs of jeans in each size (down from an 18 to a 12.)
  • 3springchicks
    3springchicks Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Yes, isn't that just a WONDERFUL feeling? I've gone from a size 22 down to a12/14, and while I've ditched most of my "bigger" clothes.....I'm keeping a few strategic pieces. When I get a little down in the dumps and my motivation is starting to lag....I will pull those out and visually SEE how far I've come. I'll put those largest sizes next to where I am at now (12/14's), and and then compare them to my goal size. It boosts me back up when I see this IS "do-able". I'VE GOT THIS!

And it looks like you've "GOT THIS" too!!! Big Kudo's to you on your success! Keep up the GREAT efforts!!
  • mslisatm
    mslisatm Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Oh wow is that liberating or what! Good going. Im a size 10 and can't wait to get down into single digits!!
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    One of the reason I stopped losing weight was because I was sick of buying new clothes and giving away clothes I barely
    had time to wear. I am happy at a size eight, but even those are starting to fit different.
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    It's too bad we didn't have an MFP store we could all shop for other's weight loss hand-me-downs!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!