UGHhhHHHhhHH

Options
I dont know what my problem is. I have no motivation. Like I'm going out to dinner with a friend tonight that i havent seen in a while so I know today is already going to be bad. So I just dont care. Im eating a blueberry muffin right now..prob going to get crap for lunch and then going out for dinner. ANDDD I had yesterday off from work and I didnt eat to well either. Its harder for me to stick with the dieting during the week when I am working. UGHHHH Im just frustrated with myself yet Im not going to do anything about it. I'll be better tomorrow which I know is not a good way to think but whatever. My head is already out of the game today. BUT on the positvive. I finally went out and bought the 30 day shred dvd and I also went food shopping and got good healthy foods.

Replies

• krkaiser
    Options
    I just bought the 30 Day Shred too!! I am pretty sure she is going to kick my butt!!!! :)
  • tmorris2009
    Options
    I feel your pain. I started on myfitnesspal about 45 days ago and have had such ups and downs. Just this past week something really kicked in and I realized that I need to lose weight for my health and that I need to make it fun. Set daily goals for yourself even if that means eating one less item of junk food a day and keep increasing those goals as you reach them. Once you experience success that will help motivate you. Once you start seeing pounds disappear or see that you can give up one food item a day that will hopefully get you motivated. The key is to start with small attainable goals. Good luck.
  • I can easily watch my diet...especially during the week at work. But, my problem is exercise! I have NO motivation for it WHAT SO EVER!!!! I am getting married in 5 months and I want to be in the best shape I have ever been...and so far, I am not doing well. I know it takes a while so I wanted to start with 6 months to spare and I am already a month behind. How do I keep motivated for exercise?
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I'm fine during the work-week.......but I turn into a total sloth over the weekend. I always seem to end up laying around in my sweats all day and ordering pizza.
  • rachellea
    Options
    I had a problem getting motivated to exercise too. I found that if I exercise with a friend it's more fun and I feel like I have to do it so I don't let them down either. I also started doing Zumba which is really fun and you almost don't feel like your exercising. Hang in there and good luck. It takes time.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    DON'T GIVE UP!
    Look, you.ve lost 5 pounds and you probably feel good about that, so just keep thinking how great you will feel and look in a month from now. ONE tiny month...4 weeks...Just take it day by day...
    I'm rootin' for ya. :)

Jan AKA PoeRaven
    19 pounds lost since January 4th.
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My thing is food...I love food., but knowing that I have to put what I eat in mfp everyday, I tend to eat less. I do not want to go over my calorie count at all (even though I have at least 3 times since I've been on here). Now, exercise is a different story. I love to work out and knowing that I have to put it in mfp everyday, I want to exercise more so I can see how many calories I have lost. And, it helps that I exercise with a friend or with my sisters. Plus, I love the people at my Health Club. The fitness trainers are so motivational. They are always there for me encouraging me to do my best. And, I always run into someone I know, so I'm never working out alone.

I love ZUMBA!!! They canceled it am my gym but there have been lots of people requesting it, so hopefully it comes back!!

Question: What is that 30 day shred? I have never heard of it. Sounds like something I might like to try!!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    eApps, I gotta tell you, when I saw the title "UGHHHHHHHhhhhH" I honestly had a feeling it was you. "Like I'm going out to dinner with a friend tonight that i havent seen in a while so I know today is already going to be bad." WHY does that make today bad? You can't make a smart decision at dinner? The restaurant doesn't serve grilled chicken, sirloin steak, steamed vegetables, salad?? "So I just dont care. Im eating a blueberry muffin right now" That's silly. Why not have some oatmeal instead? Then some celery for a snack before lunch. "prob going to get crap for lunch" do you like eating crap? "UGHHHH Im just frustrated with myself yet Im not going to do anything about it." You KEEP saying this. That makes absolutely no sense. You're just going to keep pissing yourself off unless you start making changes. I promise once you start eating HEALTHIER, the CRAP food will not appeal to you at all. I will never again (maybe extremely rarely :wink: ) order steak fries with my steak or fried chicken tender salad with globs of ranch dressing. It just makes me feel like crap these days, and I don't like feeling like crap.

:heart: meant with love
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Healthy foods don't do you any good in the fridge--you have to eat them. Pre-make your lunches and bring them to work every day. Keep veggies and dip at work. Go online and research the menus of restaurants before you eat there. You've got the tools, so to speak, but you're letting them collect dust in the garage.

Find the reason you want to do this. Then suck it up and make it happen! It's sooooo hard to wean your body off of the common, high-fat, high-salt, high-sugar American diet. It's taken me 4 months; but yesterday, I tried a bite of pizza and spit it out because it was salty and disgusting to me. I went right back to my apple and almond butter. You'll get there. You just have to eat right, get plenty of sleep and exercise correctly and regularly. MFP is a great resource, but we can't sit next to you and slap your hand every time you reach for a potato chip--we would if we could, because we want you to succeed that badly!

All we can do is cheerlead you. YOU have to make it happen.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Question: What is that 30 day shred? I have never heard of it. Sounds like something I might like to try!!
    Here's the info on it: http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/dp/B00127RAJY
    I got it and it's awesome! I would like to think I work out enough that it wouldn't be so bad, but some of the weight exercises on level 1 kick my butt lol! I have a couple of her other DVDs and they're just as good too!
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    I could've written this post myself. Even after losing all that I have I'm feeling the urge to splurge. It wouldn't be to bad if it was once but it's gotten to be an everyday thing. I've decided that I'm just going to have to make myself stay away from the things that trigger me to eat junk. Like the little store across the road from where I work. I stop there in the mornings and the first thing I do is want chips or a lunch cake. Maybe a candy bar. I HAVE GOT to stay away from there.

I hope you find what is triggering you to struggle and are able to deal with it soon. Buying healthy foods is a good idea. Now, just make yourself consume those things and not the blueberry muffins that are in the world. Good luck finding your path again.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    eApps, I gotta tell you, when I saw the title "UGHHHHHHHhhhhH" I honestly had a feeling it was you. "Like I'm going out to dinner with a friend tonight that i havent seen in a while so I know today is already going to be bad." WHY does that make today bad? You can't make a smart decision at dinner? The restaurant doesn't serve grilled chicken, sirloin steak, steamed vegetables, salad?? "So I just dont care. Im eating a blueberry muffin right now" That's silly. Why not have some oatmeal instead? Then some celery for a snack before lunch. "prob going to get crap for lunch" do you like eating crap? "UGHHHH Im just frustrated with myself yet Im not going to do anything about it." You KEEP saying this. That makes absolutely no sense. You're just going to keep pissing yourself off unless you start making changes. I promise once you start eating HEALTHIER, the CRAP food will not appeal to you at all. I will never again (maybe extremely rarely :wink: ) order steak fries with my steak or fried chicken tender salad with globs of ranch dressing. It just makes me feel like crap these days, and I don't like feeling like crap.

Exactly what she said...
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You don't have to stop loving blueberry muffins. If you make them yourself, YOU control what goes into them and ultimately into your body. Try this link for healthy variations on favourite foods:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=1552
  • jennifermcornett
    jennifermcornett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of the "'what the hell' phenomenon" happening... It's a slippery slope theory that once you mess up a little bit, you just say "what the hell," throw away any thought of putting in effort, and let everything snowball. I've been guilty of it in the past, but not anymore. What is your motivation? Why do you want to lose weight? Zero in on it, and just make yourself do what needs to be done. If you're not willing to put in that effort, keep in mind that you can't complain about the (lack of) results.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    I'm in a lecturing mood right now... sorry.

Maybe you're not ready to make a healthier lifestyle change right now in your life. This is not something you (or anyone) can just do because they heard it's something they should. Making a committment to yourself to be as healthy as possible isn't something that can be taken lightly. A while ago I wrote an article for work about needing to be ready to make a change. It needs to come from inside you, to have that drive to WANT to be healthier. If you don't have it, you don't have it. There are reasons why the world has a billion overweight or obese people in it. Not everyone has the drive to be healthy.

That being said, there are obviously some things inside you that WANTS to be healthier, or you would just say F it and never come back onto this site or bother to post anything about it. Find what brings you here and see if you can rebuild the motivation to continue. If you can't, at least you may have learned a little something about nutrition that can keep you where you are until you are ready to do this again.
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options

I have to totally agree with this. You can't make your whole day crappy because you might have a "bad" meal. This is about a life change. Meaning, it's going to always come up that you have dinner plans with a friend, a date, or even family. But you have to learn how to make smart choices. I'm not saying you can't have a cheat day. Those are okay. But it's true, once you get in the habit of eating healthier, the McDonalds burger and fries might taste good, but you won't want the feeling that comes along with it. It's really something only you can do for yourself. No one else can give you the motivation. We are all here to support you. And I honestly feel like if I can go a month without eating fast food greasy burgers and fries, anyone can do this. So I know you can do it. But YOU have to do it.

Someone once said that people who say I'll start tomorrow are 9 times less likely to succeed at weightloss than those who say, I'm starting right now. Not worrying about what you already had eaten that day, but deciding at that moment this is it.

Good Luck!
  • workingitout
    workingitout Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Each choice is a separate step - make your next choice today a quality one. I couldn't believe how good the grilled salmon was when I went out to eat a few weeks ago. Yes, the burgers looked good too, especially with fries, but honestly the salmon and side of brocolli was delicious and it came with a side of confidence! You know you want this - make it happen! You can do it!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

agreed. you need to SNAP yourself out of it. and instead of sabotaging yourself and making it into a whole bad day why not try making good decisions all day to compensate your dinner out tonight. and no u don't have to have the bread sticks or the chips and salsa and no u don't have to get a sugary drink or an ything bad....why not opt for grilled or baked protein and grilled or steamed veggies, and maybe a potato (NOT LOADED) but perhaps with some sour cream on the side.

only YOU can make this change happen
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options

Exactly what she said...

Ditto...sometimes tough love is the kind you need to get off your behind! EApps, you can do this, and you know it. Its hard, and you know that, too. But that does not give you the right to quit or give the day away. Its also hard to breathe when you are fat, its hard to feel pretty when your sloppy, its hard to feel sexy when you jiggle....you just have to decide which you want more and which is TRULY harder to LIVE with...

Please find your way back...its important to us like it is to you!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I have to say that unfortunately I too suffer from if I make one bad food choice, i feel like - screw it sometimes, just eat all bad stuff but my husband told me last week that, with every meal you get to start fresh, it's a new chance for starting over and it clicked. I don't have to write off the whole day because of one muffin or candy bar or whole bag of nuts, haha.
    you can do this!!!! I'm now on my 5th day straight of eating really healthy and it's amazing how much better I feel when I do that.