Coffee!

Options
Like anyone else who lives in the Pacific Northwest, I like my fair share of coffee. I don't have it every morning like others, but on occasion I do like to get a nice hot cup and sit around talking to friends. But if there is anything that I have learned on this journey it is that I can not have the incredibly indulgent drinks that I used to. So I pose a question:

When going out to say Starbucks, for example, what are your favorite skinny drinks? (Hot or Cold)
Something with decent flavor would be nice, too!

Thanks, Ali

Replies

• JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I can have 30 cups of Folgers with MCT oil and heavy whipping cream for the price of one Starbucks. Just sayin'.
  • AlissaMyron
    Options
    I know, right? Haha!

No, I'm talking like going out with friends. Mornin' joe is different.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I'm not a coffee girl unless it's sugared up, like frappes or mochas. I'm in the process of experimenting on my own, but when I go out, I grab whatever and fit it into the day.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    try tea, theres tons of great flavours..

or go for flavoured coffees (not with added flavour shots) but like irish cream etc.. use skim milk and sweetener
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Caramel Northern Lite Latte at Caribou. Unfortunately at $3.74 & $4.49 a crack, I don't stop there daily for the drink. I was just telling my fiance that I need to figure out how to make my own version at home because they cost so much.

Today, I started drinking Folgers French Vanilla coffee. It's not the same, but it's curbing my cravings for now.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I just drink my coffee black. Once you get off your addiction to all that sugar and cream, you get to appreciate the flavor more.
  • ShaunnaTroop
    Options
    Skinny Vanilla Latte with only one pump of vanilla.:happy:
  • sjacobson1013
    sjacobson1013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I always get the Skinny Vanilla Latte from Starbucks. It's 120 calories for a Grande. Not too shabby.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    All I really get lately is a grande iced coffee unsweetened with a splash of milk. Sometimes I put one packed of splenda in there for taste. If I'm craving something sweeter I go for a caramel macchiato mmmmm.
  • DebRene78
    Options
    had a skinny pumpkin spice latte this morning. and it was delicious!!!! :tongue:
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I adore coffee! Drink it all the time! :smile:

I always get a soya cappuccino, use the cinnemon shaker/vanilla shaker/nutmeg shaker & go easy (yet still use) the cocoa shaker (mmm) + I bring packets of stevia to add instead of sugar or artificial sweetener. Tastes AMAZING, and only about 80 calories. The froth...OOOOOH the froth haha, I could eat bowls and bowls of cappuccino froth alone! :tongue:
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I love the skinny latte with sugar free vanilla and caramel.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I just drink my coffee black. Once you get off your addiction to all that sugar and cream, you get to appreciate the flavor more.

This. But if you have to have something flavored go with your favorite flavor, tall, skinny latte with no whip. Gets you ~100-150 calories and a little calcium.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    another vote for just black coffee
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I get a quad venti, non-fat latte with 1 pump of caramel... 190 cals.
  • tjmist
    tjmist Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Venti iced-coffee, no room, 1 pump sugar free vanilla, add .1-.2 cup of skim milk and it's perfection!
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    I drink 6cups of coffee a day. My days are very long. Folgers French vanilla flavored coffee with 1/3 cup of Silk Light Vanilla in it.

I am so broke all the time but If I had to get Starbucks I always opt for the warm vanilla chai teas! Yummmmmmmmm.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have learned how to drink it black too.
  • catio23
    catio23 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Skinny vanilla latte, or a Cafe Misto and add my own splenda
  • Anamdalta
    Options

I did the same. I love coffee, and I'm a bit of a coffee snob. Good coffee is good black. And, it was a really quick way to cut several hundred cals (cream + sugar) out of my daily intake.