HELLO from Knoxville,TN

Options
Hi I'm Sherry, just thought I'd say hi to everyone. Saw an old nighbour on facebook post about losing 60lbs in a 120 days and honestly in his pics it looked like he had lost more than that. Looked in the comments under one of his pics to see if he told how he lost it and his gf had commented to questions saying it wasn't because of a diet but life changes and mentioned they where using this site and doing plenty of cardio. I thought hey why not at least give it a try. I would like to lpse about 75lbs maybe a little more. Right now I am at 225 (sometimes it feels more like 425) lossing 75 would put me @ 150, I think I could deal with that. I've been really down lately, and down on myself and my weight has alot to do with it. I never have the energy or motivation to do the things I enjoy and play with my kids. Most of the time I hate what I see when I look in the mirror and I cry like a baby everytime I have to try on clothes. I can't keep going this way, I'm sick of feeling like this. But like many I can't do it by myself I need encouragement and that extra push. I need to feel like I'm seeing results daily or I give up easy. So if anybody wants to friends that would be great and we could encourage each other. Talk to ya soon.

Replies

• harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    hi
  • emilymonnig
    Options
    Hi Sherry! I'm in Chattanooga!
  • Sbaby74
    Sbaby74 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi Emily, hi Harvo. Nice to meet you
  • missiontobefitandfab
    Options
    Hey! I just started out on this website as well and I could use some friends on here just to keep me motivated I would be happy to do the same for you
  • Sbaby74
    Options
    Great that would be awesome. :)
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    So, if all us Tennessee people are here... who's at Walmart right now???? Their stock will PLUMMET!!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been using this for 106 days and have lost 27 pounds so far. I actually use the app my Android phone more than the website though- much more convenient!
  • DebRene78
    Options
    Nashville, Tn here :) and ROLL TIDE... it's the week so just had to do it.
  • Sbaby74
    Options
    Lol good point
  • Shakinmaibooty
    Options
    Hi Sherry! This is great. I don't live in TN but in TX. I would like to be your friend. I can always use an accountability partner!
  • Sbaby74
    Options
    Ty and congrats. I hope I can say the same in 106 days
  • Sbaby74
    Options
    Great the more friebds the better!
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I started at 225 too. I'm down 50 pounds and my goal weight is also 150. I love the support I get from my MFP friends.
  • Sbaby74
    Options
    Awesome Karen! And Deb... GO VOLS!! Lol
  • floersh21
    Options
    I'm Helen and I'm from Memphis...I'd love to help you on your journey, feel free to add me!
  • pelejarn
    pelejarn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Jason from Michigan. I am trying to get back into P90X, but want to start the dient and running first. Mihgt be good to have a friend on here for some encouragement. I finished 2 of the three months, but broke my hand playing hockey. Now I have to start all over again. Just quit smoke again also, which is also a challenge. I need to get motivated tog et out and run again some how.
  • Sandrose
    Sandrose Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sherry,
    Add me as a friend. I'm on a mission to lose 50lbs. I've lost 6lbs so far and I'm doing a weight lose challenge that I found here on the forums to keep it going. I love MFP and if you give it a chance you will love it, too. The support is wonderful and keeps me going and I would be happy to support you as well.

I'll be your west coast friend =)
  • Sbaby74
    Options
    Great ladies thanks
  • jw88481
    Options
    You can do anything you truely want to do. I smoked for 20 years and finally kicked that 6 months ago. Now I am running and getting fit. Change is not easy, but can happen over a long period of time if you really want it and are true to yourself.
  • Sbaby74
    Options
    Hey Jason congrats on quiting smoking, I know it must be hard but keep up the good work. Hope your hand is healing good.