Coffee!

Options

Replies

• Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    I was told to cut all caffeine out due to heart palpitations, so I don't drink coffee anymore, which is a good thing because I always had it with TONS of sugar and cream. Now I don't even drink Pepsi, or if I do it's one a month.
  • dannalison
    dannalison Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My hero!!! Also go for Americano on occasion the same way = nuclear flavor.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have my morning cup of black coffee, and if out, I will have herbal tea. It's flavorful without the guilt.
  • tlathen
    tlathen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm another vote for just plain coffee.

I used to turn my nose up at it unless it was loaded with cream and sugar. Then I realized it was silly to drink my calories when I could eat them instead, lol
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You can most certainly have coffee....I once ran a half-marathon and all I had was a cup of coffee. Not recommended btw ;)

At any rate, I have mine 3-cream, 3-sugar and always account for it in my diary. Of course, I also run 2-3 days a week and do circuit training the other days. I probably work out or run 5-6 days a week. This year I've run a full marathon, a half marathons and an 8k. Training for another half marathon now...I burn far more calories than my coffee ever gives me....

Occasionally, maybe once every 6 months, I'll have a caramel frappe from McDonalds (450 cals ouch)...but those are only on my 10+ mile run days and I know I have 1,000+ calories to burn...
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    I just discovered yesterday at Starbucks a Trim (non fat) Latte with a sugar free vanilla shot. I think it was about 100 calories according to the website - but I did have a little one.

It was delish :-)
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Caramel Northern Lite Latte at Caribou. Unfortunately at $3.74 & $4.49 a crack, I don't stop there daily for the drink. I was just telling my fiance that I need to figure out how to make my own version at home because they cost so much.

Today, I started drinking Folgers French Vanilla coffee. It's not the same, but it's curbing my cravings for now.

Agree Great Choice:wink:
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Venti skinny mocha (hot) no whip...In fact I'm having one in just a bit.:drinker:
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I don't like Starbuck's coffee so I never meet anybody there. I prefer The Coffee Bean, and that is where my husband and I will occasional go for coffee if we are doing errands.

At home or at any other place, I only drink black coffee with Splenda or Trivia; no milk or creamers of any kind, in my opinion they just spoil the true taste and aroma of real coffee.

At home we drink 100 % Kona coffee (2 cups a day) which we get from Hawaii, specially the chocolate macadamia flavor. Love it!
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Regular Pikes Roast and a splash of skim milk.

MmmmMmMm!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    No sugar, just a little bit of milk. Heavily flavored coffee tastes very strange to me now. Once in a blue moon I'll have a small Frappucino but it's almost too sweet for me since I stopped putting sugar in drinks. If you like flavor shots, ask them to put one pump of flavor in it (the default is about four).

To be honest, weaning myself off of "XXXTRA FLAVOR 2 DA MAXXX" coffee has been life-changing for me. I don't even think about the calories in a cup of coffee anymore, they're negligible
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Regular Pikes Roast and a splash of skim milk.

MmmmMmMm!

Thats my FAVORITE !!!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee black. No calories. I suppose a skim cappuccino with artificial sweetener is fine too.
  • KayLaul
    KayLaul Posts: 19
    Options
    Why not just get a filter coffee with a little bit of milk? (most cafes call it an Americano over here in England, not sure what you call it in America!) Far fewer calories - the ones in Costa come in at 6-12 calories depending on cup size, and sooo much tastier than lattes, cappucinom or whatever other monstrosities they are selling...

OK, I'm being daft there, but a latte has nothing on the taste of a good cup of filter coffee! :drinker:
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I had looked this up myself and copied from their website so I would have a list.

Delicious Drinks Under 200 Calories

Looking for the lighter side? Right this way.
    When you’re as passionate about beverages as we are, you naturally want to share them with the whole world. And that includes the great many of us who are looking for lighter options. For you, we have these delightful hot and cold drinks, all under 200 calories.

Cold Drinks (Tall) Calories Fat (g)
    Caramel Frappuccino® Light Blended Coffee 130 1
    Coffee Frappuccino® Blended Coffee 180 2.5
    Shaken Tazo® Iced Passion® Tea (unsweetened) 0 0
    Shaken Tazo® Iced Black Tea Lemonade 100 0
    Nonfat Iced Vanilla Latte 120 0
    Nonfat Iced Caramel Machiato 140 1
    Iced Coffee (with classic syrup) 60 0
    Iced Skinny Latte 60 0
    Hot Drinks (Tall) Calories Fat (g)
    Brewed Coffee 5 0
    Brewed Tazo® Tea 0 0
    Nonfat Tazo® Green Tea Latte 150 0
    Nonfat Cappuccino 60 0
    Nonfat Caffè Latte 100 0
    Nonfat Caramel Machiato 140 1
    Soy Tazo® Chai Tea Latte 170 2
    Nonfat Caffè Mocha – hold the whip 170 2
    Skinny Vanilla Latte 90 0
    Steamed Apple Juice 170 0
    Nonfat Vanilla Crème – hold the whip 150 0
    Caffè Americano 10 0
    All suggestions based on a Tall serving (12 fl oz / 355 ml).
    U.S. and Canadian soymilk vary slightly.
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I like a plain americano, sometimes with a little 1/2 & 1/2. A vanilla latte as a treat, but only if I have a day when I have calories left over. I do like the new cool lime drink they have out now, refreshing but low in calories.
  • mandersatx
    Options
    The Skinny Mocha Frappacino is 130 calories, as long as you get it with skim milk & no whip. I'm fairly certain is has aspartame. As I am trying to avoid aspartame and artificial sweeteners altogether, I bring my own stevia & add it to black coffee. I use regular half & half; 1 tbsp has 40 calories. Their new fall pumpkin spice coffee is yummy; with stevia and 1 tbsp of full fat half & half, you get a decadent tasting treat for less than 50 calories (I think the biggest size coffee is 8 calories).

Instead of Truvia (which uses several sugar alcohols in addition to stevia), I buy the packets in the supplement section of the grocery store. The added benefits: no weird chemicals & it's way cheaper. Liquid stevia is also awesome, but a bottle costs about $15. Since it's 300x sweeter than sugar, a drop is plenty; a bottle lasts me about 6 months and I use it in my coffee everyday.
  • VeganBunny
    VeganBunny Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    At the moment if I'm going to the gym I'll have a small pumpkin spice soy latte (160 cals and in future I'm going to ask for half the amount of syrup because it's too sweet). If I don't have many calories to spare I'll just have English breakfast tea with soy milk.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have never been to Starbucks.....or any other coffee place. Im an incredible coffee snob and ONLY drink coffee at home that my fiance' makes cuz he can outdo alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll those other places hands down.

Ive had Starbucks.
    Ive had Dunkin DOnuts
    Ive had Tim Horton or what the hell ever the name is

...................and hate em all.

but GOD forbid anyone get between me and the first hot cuppa coffee in da morning. Death would be too kind

fillursinkwithcoffeeandjustsuck.jpg

hurrycoffee.jpg

nocoffeenoworkee-1.jpg
  • Andrewsvan
    Andrewsvan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just drink my coffee black. Once you get off your addiction to all that sugar and cream, you get to appreciate the flavor more.
    I drink mine black, it helps me stave off the late afternoon snack cravings. I too love the flavor variations!