Help fill my belly.

Options
I'm having one of those "good problem to have but still frustrating" days where I've eaten fairly healthily throughout the day thus far, and have mapped out approximately what I'll be consuming for the remainder...only to have calories leftover, without having yet exercised, and with yet more water to drink to meet my daily goal of 3 liters, t'boot. If you would, please glance at my food diary and suggest foods to bring me to at least 1,230 calories without breaking the bank in other areas - I struggle with finding balance. Afternoon Snacks, Dinner, and Evening Snacks slots are technically up for grabs, haven't been eaten yet. Thanks. :)

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Step One - Grab a spoon.
    Step Two - Grab a jar of peanut butter.
    Step Three - Enjoy.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Step One - Grab a spoon.
    Step Three - Enjoy.
    Change this to Almond Butter or Nutella if you don't like peanut butter. You're welcome.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Three quarters of a pound of extra lean ground Turkey, plus a couple of teaspoons of Sriracha, assuming you enjoy anything relatively hot.

Your macros look like they are following the site's default 55% carbs garbage, so it would put you waaaaay over on the protein allocation, but given how low the protein goal is, that would be a good thing. ;)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Step One - Grab a spoon.
    Step Three - Enjoy.
    Change this to Almond Butter or Nutella if you don't like peanut butter. You're welcome.

blasphemy......If you don't like peanut butter you can eat sh.......nm.
  • ahamamoto
    ahamamoto Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    A handful of nuts, banana with peanut butter, popcorn.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Just about the right number of cals

founders-breakfast-stout.jpeg
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    adini749 wrote:
    Step One - Grab a spoon.
    Step Three - Enjoy.
    It's just that simple, eh? ;) Thanks, for the easy solve - at least in part, I added 1 T. to my evening snack, may increase it to 2 depending on how dinner plays out.

No blasphemy here, Jacwhite22, I love any excuse to eat peanut butter. leakramirez, someday my pantry will house almond butter as well, for variation - haven't talked myself into the expense yet (will likely opt for the homemade route first).

Gallowmere198 wrote:
    Your macros look like they are following the site's default 55% carbs garbage, so it would put you waaaaay over on the protein allocation, but given how low the protein goal is, that would be a good thing. ;)
    My macro-nutrients are currently set at 45% carbs, 25% protein, 30% fat; not the default settings, but not far off. Suggestions? I'm basically flying without a license when it comes to macros.

Thank you, all. :)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    My macro-nutrients are currently set at 45% carbs, 25% protein, 30% fat; not the default settings, but not far off. Suggestions? I'm basically flying without a license when it comes to macros.

Thank you, all. :)

I try to hover more around a 15/55/30 (carb/protein/fat). That said, I have found that I feel a lot less hungry through the day, and a lot less like *kitten* in the gym when my primary calorie source is protein. Since most of us here are in a deficit anyway, why not get the most out of the calories you have? :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I noticed you eat a lot of no fat, low fat foods. Buy regular yogurts and cheeses and you'll up your calorie count without adding anything else to your day. Eating fat doesn't make you fat so try eating real foods instead of things will all the fat sucked out and replaced with crap.
  • mommyshortlegs
    Options
    I try to hover more around a 15/55/30 (carb/protein/fat).
    Does a large part of your diet consist of lean meat and low- or non-fat dairy? Eeks, I don't know if I could manage a 15/55/30 diet without sacrificing fresh fruit and vegetables, of which I consume plenty. Not to mention we're a carb-heavy household in general. *sigh*
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    Nuts, avocados, nut butters, bananas, full-fat dairy, ice cream, booze. Stop eating diet foods. Eat more in general. Stop feeling guilty about eating.
  • mommyshortlegs
    Options
    I noticed you eat a lot of no fat, low fat foods. Buy regular yogurts and cheeses and you'll up your calorie count without adding anything else to your day. Eating fat doesn't make you fat so try eating real foods instead of things will all the fat sucked out and replaced with crap.

Mokey, I've tried full-fat (untouched) dairy products, only to sometimes put my daily fat intake in the red. I'm guessing my macro-nutrients need further tweaking...
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Step One - Grab a spoon.
    Step Three - Enjoy.

blasphemy......If you don't like peanut butter you can eat sh.......nm.

Who doesn't like peanut butter!?
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options

Mokey, I've tried full-fat (untouched) dairy products, only to sometimes put my daily fat intake in the red. I'm guessing my macro-nutrients need further tweaking...

0.8-1g of protein per kg of body weight (or 0.8-1g per lb of lean body mass - I think both are fine), 0.3-0.5g of fat per lb of body weight. The rest, carbs. You can adjust percentages here based on those calculations. It generally adds up to 40/30/30 c/f/p for most people.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    My experience has been that all those ratio's of carbs, proteins and fat mean virtually nothing unless you get one way out of whack. I've tried low fat, low carb, high protein, etc and I can't see any difference at all. To me it all comes down to calories in/calories out and eating the foods that keep me healthy and satiated. If it bothers you to see red numbers just turn those features off.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    I try to hover more around a 15/55/30 (carb/protein/fat).
    Does a large part of your diet consist of lean meat and low- or non-fat dairy? Eeks, I don't know if I could manage a 15/55/30 diet without sacrificing fresh fruit and vegetables, of which I consume plenty. Not to mention we're a carb-heavy household in general. *sigh*

Yeah. For example, my 'breakfast' today was 3 ounces of shrimp, and a little over a quarter of a pound of chicken breast. Since I work nights, I generally hit the Muscle Milk/Carnivor route while I am at work, with some beef jerky thrown in for good measure. I rinse the hell out of it though, to get the sodium content down.

The other night was also a pretty good example. A pound of extra lean ground turkey, and three teaspoons of Sriracha. 615 calories, but it took me about three hours to eat the whole thing. It was 130g protein, and 8g of fat.
  • mommyshortlegs
    Options
    Ha, yikes! :) That's a lot of meat. I may have to learn to be less of an herbivore, more of a carnivore. (At heart, I'm a bread-ivore. ;p)
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Incorporate more healthy fats, definitely...

Cook with coconut oil, olive oil, canola oil, etc.

Avocados

Almond butter, cashew butter, peanut butter

Flaxseed on your salads and oatmeal

Handful of nuts and a piece of fruit for a snack...the list goes on :)
  • mommyshortlegs
    Options
    Mokey21 wrote:
    My experience has been that all those ratio's of carbs, proteins and fat mean virtually nothing unless you get one way out of whack. I've tried low fat, low carb, high protein, etc and I can't see any difference at all. To me it all comes down to calories in/calories out and eating the foods that keep me healthy and satiated. If it bothers you to see red numbers just turn those features off.

This fellow tends to agree with you, Mokey-- http://leanbodiesconsulting.com/faq/Best+Macronutrient+Breakdown+For+Fat+Loss

Of course, the very next link in my Google search OPPOSED the idea; as if no one really knows, we're all just guessing. Suggested macronutrients seem to shift by diet - Atkins, Paleo, Keto, South Beach, Mediterranean, SlimFast, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera - though what most do seem to have in common is a low-carb approach.