What's your go-to breakfast?

Options
12346»

Replies

• vidDa1989
    vidDa1989 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    In my honest opinion, you don't need to hold back on breakfast. My breakfast contains 500-600 calories, depending if I eat almonds or not..

-3 dl of milk (low fat)
    -50-60 g of plain oatmeal
    -1 scoop of whey protein
    -1 apple
    -handful of almonds (optional)

it will keep you up and running all day if it's necessary, but it takes some time to prepare (5-10 mins depending if you like it hot or not).

Or the other option, if you do not work out, I will always recommend Herbalife. People say it sucks and stuff, and I may be flamed for this post, but with Herbalife I lost 15 kilograms, and no one can tell me it doesn't work. But, if you train, you will lack energy and will be useless in the gym, basically :D
  • davidleewilson
    davidleewilson Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how good it is but I like to have Egg Beaters either original or Egg Whites version with Laughing Cow Swiss cheese. It sort of feels like an omelet. I still get hungry but chase it with an apple mid morning.
  • joanne70
    joanne70 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I drink an advocare meal replacement shake. But, that is not what you are looking forward. I occassionally go by Subway and get a whole wheat english muffin with egg whites, provolone cheese and bacon.
  • Summerful
    Summerful Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I know its not food but I make tea in a travel mug and take it to school :) Wakes me up and is nice.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and a banana.

Delish... mmmm... now I'm hungry....
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Eggs are very versatile, but my favorite is a simple three egg omelet:

3 Whole Eggs
    5-6 sprigs cilantro
    A dash of cayenne pepper

Cook the above omelet style and then top with homemade salsa

Fresh Salsa:
    5 roma tomatoes (cut into quarters)
    2 tsp kosher salt
    1 medium yellow onion (cut into quarters)
    1 tablespoon lime juice
    30 sprigs cilantro (or half a bundle from a grocery store)
    1 fresh jalapeño pepper
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

All of the above pureed together in a food processor (personally use a Ninja).

The above won't run you more than 300 calories.

I'll also eat some veggie on the side like some baby carrots or a couple of stalks of celery and a fruit like a banana or orange. If you want to beef up the calories, add an ounce of shredded cheese and a slice of toast with peanut butter.
  • tanyab1990
    tanyab1990 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Breakfast Tostada, huevos rancheros style: Toasted corn tortilla (dry toast in 350 degree oven) topped with 1 egg scrambled (using cooking spray) with 1/4 cup black beans, 1-2 Tablespoons salsa and some S&P, and then topped with 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese. Full until lunch time.
  • mehkhan
    Options
    Oatmeal.
    It might not seem very portable, but it really can be if you don't mind taking a spoon and good tupperware to work. My formula is 1 cup 100% Whole Oats, 1/2-3/4 cup of milk (water if you like it that way), microwave for 2 minutes, add 1 spn peanut butter and a dash of cinnamon, mix it up really well, cool for a a bit, and it's good to go. Keeps me full for hours.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    4 oz of greek yogurt
    2 oz of blackberries
    1 tbsp honey
    10 drops of Stevia

Double that if I'm really hungry.
  • crazylovergrl
    crazylovergrl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    An egg, 3/4 cupp egg beaters with leeks and spinach (nuke it)
    1/2 cup oatmeal with 1 tbs coconut oil and 1tbs cocoa powder and stevia extract (nuked as well)

I'm a microwave breakfast kinda person. :)

This is over 400 cals, but is SUPER filling. Coconut oil is an appetite suppressant and is pretty good for you in controlled amounts. You could leave out the whole egg and coconut oil if you wanted to save some cals.
  • BaileyP3
    BaileyP3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    A homemade protein bar. I make a tray of them every couple of weeks...oatmeal, whole wheat flour, protein powder, wheat germ, flaxseed, molasses etc. etc. They're a meal! Calories 349 Carbs 56 Fiber 6 Fat 6 Protein 20

Later in the morning I have a protein shake if I'm needing the calories
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I try and have grilled bacon and scrambled egg x
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    1 whole egg
    2 egg whites
    1 honey wheat sandwich thin or whole grain english muffin
    2 slices Butter Ball turkey bacon
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs. They are very easy to prepare beforehand and they last for a week.

This... easiest & packs a nutritious punch.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I do morning workouts in a fasted state. Breakfast is after and is usually a protein shake with almond milk + a hand full of raw nuts or cottage cheese and fruit.
  • SusieQ103
    Options
    A banana with or without PB.....
  • raynalisa
    raynalisa Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:

donut-burger1-e1347907290789.jpg

PFFFFFFFFFFFFT!

:sick: