Anyone w/ success PICS who DIDN'T go to the gym

Options
Marcillene
Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
What was your routine and how long did it take you? PICS PLEASE! At home routines?

Replies

• kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. $9 at Target or Walmart. Each workout is only 20-25 minutes for 30 days that you can do at home.

I started it, and after 3 days I felt such a difference I bought her other DVD Ripped In 30. Both took me about 1 1/2 months to complete. I also run so didn't do it everyday. I'm doing another one of her DVDs 6 Week 6 Pack now.

That and running 2-3 days a week is all I do. Of course, watch what you eat :) do a search on MFP for 30 Day Shred and you'll see lots of results.

(1) pic taken last summer (2) results after 30 day shred (3) results after ripped in 30

Ripped-In-30-Day30-results-.jpg
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Do you mean success pics for those who didn't engage in exercise at all, only ate at a calorie deficit?
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. $9 at Target or Walmart. Each workout is only 20-25 minutes for 30 days that you can do at home.

I started it, and after 3 days I felt such a difference I bought her other DVD Ripped In 30. Both took me about 1 1/2 months to complete. I also run so didn't do it everyday. I'm doing another one of her DVDs 6 Week 6 Pack now.

That and running 2-3 days a week is all I do. Of course, watch what you eat :) do a search on MFP for 30 Day Shred and you'll see lots of results.

(1) pic taken last summer (2) results after 30 day shred (3) results after ripped in 30

Wow, great results!!! I also did 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30. Just started Killer Buns & Thighs too. I don't really have any clear progress pics to share but if you look at my profile pics, the ones taken in the green bikini are my "before" and all the other ones are my afters. I do elliptical, yoga and Pilates at home as well. I do go to the gym SOMETIMES but not very consistently, so the vast majority of my results were achieved at home and with proper diet.
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm actually doing 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels as well along with a Bob Harper workout dvd. So far I have lost 8 lbs. in a month. I do plan on joining LA Fitness next month because my husband offered to pay for my membership, but you totally can lose weight without a fancy gym membership.

If you aren't motivated to workout at home try running, swimming or riding your bike. Just find something that you enjoy and will stick with!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    0-1.png

Legs are cut out cuz lower body isn't a big problem for me.
    Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire & Chalean Extreme
    If you're interested in them, msg me & I can u get sum1 to help u :)
    Right now I'm lifting heavy (heavy for me), doing compound lifts 3 times a week, Intervals once a week & light cardio the other 2 days. Then my rest day. I still do all this at home, since I bought a bench & barbell. I still have a LONG way to go, but I have come pretty far I think.
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    I don't have any pics really, but I don't go to the gym. Just 30DS and C25K so far, and down nearly 40 pounds.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

Great transformation!

OP... I do go to the gym for strength training and various classes that peak my interest but I also have done the 30-Day Shred, Pilate's tapes at home, Leslie Sansone and others.

I DO think it can be done at home, for myself it's all about the motivation of classes, seems I gather a lot of motivation from working out with others, so some at home and then get pumped back up being with others again.

Also if you've not seen the push up, sit up challenge website you might enjoy that for awhile to mix it up. There's also another workout on that site but don't recall it at the moment. There's always someone on MFP that begins a group for that site, really really motivating when you know you're all doing the same thing even if it's a different pace. Let me know if you'd like that site and I can look it back up.:wink:

Some are real self starters and do it all at home, I seem to benefit from both for different reasons.

Wishing you well on your road to getting healthier!:happy:
  • djk721
    djk721 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pics to post, other than the one on my profile. But I am down 57 lbs. and I do at least 30 min. of some exercise EVERY day--mostly walking. On rainy/cold days, I do Wii country dance. I did do aerobics 3 times a week for 10 weeks when I first changed my lifestyle in January.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I DO think it can be done at home, for myself it's all about the motivation of classes, seems I gather a lot of motivation from working out with others, so some at home and then get pumped back up being with others again.
    I totally agree with this statement too and look forward to stories share of those who have not used the gym!
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred at home (for 36 days = 30 workouts + rest days)

starting stats:
    SW: 125.8 lbs
    GW: N/A
    waist: 30"
    hips: 35.5"
    arms: both 11"
    thighs: both 20.5"
    chest: 38.5"

current stats:
    CW: 120.4 lbs
    GW: N/A
    waist: 27"
    hips: 34"
    arms: both 10"
    thighs: both 19"
    chest: 34.5"

Loss
    5.4 lbs
    waist: 3"
    Hips: 1.5"
    arms: 1" off both 2" total
    tighs: 1.5" off both 3" total
    chest: 4"
    Plus 2.5 off my belly
    Total of 16" lost.

Back:
    back2.png

Side:
    side2.png

Front:
    front2.png
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Do you mean success pics for those who didn't engage in exercise at all, only ate at a calorie deficit?

Both
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I dont know how to post pics, but you can look at my profile pics i have a before/after in there. I did not use a gym- i did that at home with workout videos, running and a calorie deficit.

I JUST joined a gym, today was only day 2 for me.... reason being I don't have weights at home like the ones at the gym.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Give me a year, and I'll have fantastic no-gym pictures.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    You'd have to go to my profile and look. I've never been able to figure out how to post pics in a thread. The pics that are up, I think they are the ones when I was down 98 lbs. I did not go to the gym and I did not exercise at home. That was all diet. I have since incorporated walking into my routine.
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 45 lbs without going to the gym. I posted my pics in a recent thread :)
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I didn't go to the gym, but lost 40 pounds primarily through hiking. There was an occasional bike ride thrown in there too every now and then.
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym at first but I kept losing weight from just a yoga dvd biking and coming up with crazy workouts like climbing stairs in my friends apartment building complex.
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I don't go to a gym, and I just did week 1 of Ripped in 30, and I definitely see results.
  • _danjo_
    _danjo_ Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred and running 2-3 days a week is all I do. Of course, watch what you eat :)

That's what I'm doing right now too--hope I get results half of what you got!
  • JOHNJMOYER
    Options
    Well...I don't have any pics at the moment but I'm down substantially without an excercise routine in place...just eating at a calorie deficit so far...It's taking longer than if I had gone to the gym I guess but you know..it's so hard to get started initially...I'm set to go though once I'm below 200...almost there at 211...why did I choose under 200?? Well..cause I'm a lazy prick...hahahahaha!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!