Coffee!

Options

Replies

• ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I just drink my coffee black. Once you get off your addiction to all that sugar and cream, you get to appreciate the flavor more.

I like mine with a dash of skim milk (or 2%)......I like my coffee bold!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    You're in the Pacific Northwest!! Home of the most amazing small batch coffee roasters anywhere! Skip Starbucks and go to a local place. The coffee is way better, no need to mask with anything.

I'm a 2% latte or cappuccino girl, myself. 79 calories in a 12 ounce latte.

PS: If you're anywhere near Portland, there is a tiny little place in the Pearl district called "Barista" amazing. Ritual is great too.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My favs are skinny mocha and skinny or nonfat caramel macchiato- iced and hot :)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Give me an espresso any day of the week.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    These are my go to drinks if I'm meeting a friend at Starbucks: (no whip)

Tall carmel macchiato: 100 cals Hot
    Tall skinny white chocolate mocha: 100cals Hot
    Tall skinny peppermint mocha: 100 cals Hot
    Grande passion tea lemonade: 130cals

The tea I only get three pumps, so I think its less cals. But it has been a long time since I've gotten one, so I don't remember how I figured out calories before.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    At Starbucks - Medium Coffee.

Once in a blue I like a mocha or a cappuccino, which I would only order at a small artisan shop, not Starbucks.
  • momo0884
    Options
    I always get the Skinny Vanilla Latte from Starbucks. It's 120 calories for a Grande. Not too shabby.

I normally hate coffee but finally broke down and tried a tall pumpkin spice latte and loved it. I almost broke down in tears when I found out it was also 300 calories for the tall (needless to say I purposely only drank half). It's great to see that I can get something else that's only 120 calories for a Grande! Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I can have 30 cups of Folgers with MCT oil and heavy whipping cream for the price of one Starbucks. Just sayin'.

This. Plus I don't like specialty drinks so I usually just order a coffee when I'm out with friends and Starbucks burns their coffee beans and it tastes awful! Blegh! It's a Grind > Starbucks
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Seasonal! Right now "Pumpkin Spice Latte" made "skinny" YUM!
  • angelarozmyn
    Options
    Americano with a shot of flavor - usualy White Chocolate for me. (Used to get a White Chocolate Mocha but now it is WAY too sweet). None of the fake sugar either.
  • EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just drink my coffee black. Once you get off your addiction to all that sugar and cream, you get to appreciate the flavor more.

ditto & agreed
  • L1brar1an
    L1brar1an Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Starbucks (whatever they are brewing when I'm there) with sugar free mocha and heaving whipping cream.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Black, but it has to be freshly ground and STRONG!
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I get either hot or iced coffee (depending on my mood and the weather) with sugar free syrup (usually vanilla but sometimes I switch it up) and have them leave just a little room for cream. I add a splash of half and half - like a tablespoon or two - which doesn't actually add all that many calories.

FYI you can add as many pumps of sugar free syrup as you want - there's ZERO calories in it :-)

Getting coffee and then adding cream is like $2 less than getting lattes and has way fewer calories, so I virtually always do that :-)
  • notabrat1
    notabrat1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of the Mocha or Pumpkin Spice Latte, but you have to be prepared for the calories. I always order them with skim milk (I don't like fatty milk), but it's still high in calories. I suggest getting drip coffee and fixing it the way you like, that is ALOT lower in calories. My current favorite is from Dunkin' Donuts. They have a new Pumpkin Mocha Latte that is to die for, and it's under 200 calories when made with skim for a medium. Hope you have a good time with your friends at the Starbucks! :)
  • pelles
    pelles Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Tall Skim Vanilla Latte with an extra shot of espresso.

At home I drink Green Mountain Dark Magic with 1 Tablespoon of Italian Sweet Cream (35 calories). Yes, I measure each time.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have never been much for cream, sugar or flavored coffee. So... I have to vote for just plain, black coffee.
    Guess it makes it easier for my calorie watch too tho, I never have to worry about the extra calories from the extras. :)
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I do the skinny latte's as well...I had a pumpkin spice one yesterday...super tasty. I just don't have them 3 times a week like a used to :).
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Why not just get a filter coffee with a little bit of milk? (most cafes call it an Americano over here in England, not sure what you call it in America!) Far fewer calories - the ones in Costa come in at 6-12 calories depending on cup size, and sooo much tastier than lattes, cappucinom or whatever other monstrosities they are selling...

OK, I'm being daft there, but a latte has nothing on the taste of a good cup of filter coffee! :drinker:

An Americano in America is espresso and water. Its like football/soccer. Why can't we all just call it the same thing?!?!?! LOL

I only know this because I was working on some sketches and wanted to look at coffee drink pictures and I ended up reading about all the different drinks.

I don't get the "skinny" versions of the drinks. I tried a couple and did not like. I usually get the americano, black tea or if I feel like it a caramel macchiato. I'll just eat less or workout more or not worry about the once every so often drink.
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Newest fav is a Grande Americano with 2 pumps pumpkin spice and cream. Its not quite the same as a true Pumpkin Spice Latte for me, but it makes me feel like I get a little treat in the fall without loosing 300 calories on a drink. I think the total for the Americano is around 120-160 calories depending on how much cream you add.