Exercise bikes?

Options
Who has one and what do you like or dislike about it.

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I have a spinning bike at home, what I dislike about it is that it never gets used since I bought a trainer for my road bike. What I liked about it (when I was using it) was that your could simulate real riding conditions (climbing, sprinting etc) by adjusting the resistance and you could adjust the fit almost as much as a real bike.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I have a NordicTrack and if you aren't easily bored it's great. After about 15 minutes on it I'm bored out of my mind and it isn't even a close approximation to riding my road bike. If you want to invest in a good piece of equipment that will give you an all over body workout I'd get an elliptical.
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have an exercise bike and I love it.
    I love the convenience of it, it's there and ready to use anytime. I'm not the type of person who would go out and exercise so having equipment at home is a must for me. Modern bikes are really good nowadays, giving you BMI, Fat %, recovery time, personalised training plans etc.

The only thing I don't like is I always find the seats uncomfortable, even with a new padded cover!! Guess that says more about my sensitive bottom than the bike though as when I bought it all the reviews said how comfortable it is!!
  • Dm3nt3
    Dm3nt3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a beach cruiser and it is the best i dont like that i cant go up hills because it doesnt have gears and i cant go faster because of it too but it is a fast and easy way to exercise...
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I was told by doc to get an exercise bike. Having problems with left foot and until its fixed, no aerobics, only exercise bike. We have been thinking about getting one for awhile and now it's a must if the family doesn't want me crabby for the next three weeks or longer! :) I am easily bored but it will be in front of a tv and when we had one years ago, I used to read a book while on it. I'm thinking one that has programs in it and actually asks for your weight and such ( if they even make those like that) so then I can do different programs. I switch up my exercise DVDs every three months or so
  • Gatun
    Gatun Posts: 4
    Options
    I have a spinning bike at home and do get alot of use out of it. I like the fact that you can stand on the bike to simulate hill climbing. I recently upgraded to a model that allows me to have a computer on it to calcuate RPMs and miles. For those times that the rides seem boring, I found some videos on amazon that are made by cyclists during their rides.
  • Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have a Schwinn that's a few years old. The seat is like a real chair and it slides back and forth so you can adjust the distance to the pedals. It has preset programs for resistance, up and down hills, or you can set it manually. It measures heart rate, calories, distance, time, even watts. It even gives you a score based on your recovery rate. I made sure to get one that was comfortable because I knew if it wasn't, it would just gather dust.

Now that I'm back on the MFP wagon, I use it 6 days a week. Unfortunately, when my Mom was thinking of buying one, I didn't see one like mine in the store.