Recipe for Potato Soup

Options
Does anyone have a good recipe for a healthy potato soup?

Replies

• greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd like to know too:tongue: I love potato soup!
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    Shoot, I thought THIS post was a recipe for potato soup. I have a recipe but it definitely isn't healthy. I'll have to tweek it a bit and see what happens.
  • rvkirk
    rvkirk Posts: 37
    Options
    What about leek and potato? Use a small amount of butter/oil to fry onions (1 big one), garlic (2 cloves) and leeks in, I like to add lots of leek as low calorie and yummy. Don't brown them but sweat them. Then add the potato's (500g), I would chop these up into chunks about 2cm. Place these in and then add stock (enough to just cover the potatos and leeks) and simmer until the potatos are cooked. I would then take some of the mixture out and blend it and add back into the soup to thicken it and add some skimmed milk/more stock to ge the amount of soup/consistancy that you are looking for. Then lots of freshly ground black pepper and serve. Yummy. I'm making it Sunday. Also look online for other versions of this sort of thing, I always think soup is more about using up whats in your fridge. So any sort of veggies, left over meat etc put in a pan with stock simmer and when cooked serve.
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    I don't know if you like leeks or not but here is a link to my recipe.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=960733

It is really yummy, and VERY filling!
  • vapeanut
    vapeanut Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is a microwave recipe from Pampered Chef but I do it on the stove. I have made it lighter than originally created and noted those changes below

Soup: Loaded Baked Potato Chowder

Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, from Pampered Chef
    Ingredients:
    3 baking potatoes (about 2 1/2 lb/1.1 kg)
    3 1/2 cups (875 mL) milk, divided (Skim milk)
    4 oz (125 g) cream cheese, softened (Fat free - with the other ingredients you cannot tell the difference)
    2 tbsp (30 mL) butter (Mrs. Filberts 50% reduced fat stick)
    2-3 green onions with tops (1/4 cup/50 mL sliced)
    4 oz (125 g) sharp cheddar cheese, grated (2% grated)
    1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) salt
    1/2 tsp (2 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
    Optional toppings such as chopped cooked bacon, sour cream or steamed broccoli florets (I use the hormel 50% reduced fat real bacon bits, they are fast and no mess)

Directions:
    1.Slice potatoes in half lengthwise with Santoku Knife; place in Deep Covered Baker. Pour 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the milk over potatoes. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 11 minutes. Remove baker from microwave. Move center potatoes to ends of baker and outer potatoes to center. Cover; microwave on HIGH 8-11 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Remove baker from microwave. Coarsely mash potatoes with Mix ‘N Chop.

2.Meanwhile, whisk cream cheese until smooth in Classic Batter Bowl. Slowly add remaining 3 cups (750 mL) milk, whisking until smooth. Add cream cheese mixture and butter to baker. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 3-5 minutes or until mixture is hot. Slice green onions with Chef's Knife.

3.Carefully remove baker from microwave. Grate cheddar cheese over chowder using Rotary Grater; add green onions, salt and black pepper and mix using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®; until cheese is melted. Serve with toppings, if desired.

Yield: 6 servings (8 cups/2 L)"
  • chelleim
    Options
    Sounds Yummy - I Love Potato Soup